Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lebaron Bonney Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Mar 19, 2019.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just read over on the Ford Barn that Lebaron Bonney has filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Bought a lot of stuff thru the years from them for my hot rods. Another one bites the dirt. Shame.

dana barlow likes this.
  2. 2935ford

2935ford

3. F&J

F&J

That is honestly hard to believe. I thought they had a niche market.....and decades of experience & repeat customer base.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Its been good to me for years, sad.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A friend of mine told me Saturday that they had accidentally sent him a bunch of extra parts and then did not want them back. We were joking about how they must be run by a bunch of Bozos.

Now I feel like a dick for making fun of them.

-Abone.

31hotrodguy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. So very sad. They've been there for us for all of these years with great service and fine products. Really hate to hear this.

Dave Mc, woody45 and Dino 64 like this.
  7. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I can't say no one didn't see this coming. There were only so many guys restoring Model As.

Hopefully we can source where they got the roof insert vinyl, as I thought their kits had a nice look.

glrbird likes this.
  8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

9. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Crap that place was great and bought lots of goodies from them

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That really sucks. You never know "why" someone's business goes under though. They have been around so long you have to figure out that management has changed a few times and that can be an issue.

31hotrodguy likes this.
  11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Maybe somebody will buy their inventory and add it to theirs like
    Heidt’s did with Chassis Engineering.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    lothiandon1940 and Ritzy1 like this.
  12. dan griffin

dan griffin

Most of the people interested in stock As are ether dead or thinking about it. Me Included

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Didn’t even realize they did model a stuff lol had them make the headliner for my 46’

14. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

LB offered much more than "stock" items. They acquired Hampton Coach many years ago and were always adding to there Ford and GM line. I pointed that out here when appropriate.
    I urged them to become vendors here as well.
    I hope they survive.

15. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sure am glad I got my carpet a couple of months ago. We had a helluva time getting them to send samples. BTW, the carpet was high quality. Sorry they are gone.

16. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Sad to hear. Bought plenty from them over the years...EXCELLENT quality.

17. If they do file they can reorganize in the future, it means they can emerge from bankruptcy as an operating company as opposed to liquidating. Then they can use the bankruptcy process to eliminate debt and sell off non-performing assets, restructure long-term debts and possibly bring in new financing and can continue to do business without huge debt.

I don't know if they have any intent of trying to restructure but I for one hate to see them go under, They have always had a good product. HRP

18. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I always thought chapter 7 was the end?

Bigcheese327 and Hnstray like this.
  19. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Have been hearing the Lebaron Bonney name since I was a kid, never bought anything from them as most of my stuff is hot rod oriented ...Still very sad to see an old time company with an assload of history bite the dust:(

31hotrodguy likes this.
  20. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"The main difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy is that under a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing, the debtor's assets are sold off to pay the lenders (creditors) whereas inChapter 11, the debtor negotiates with creditors to alter the terms of the loan without having to liquidate (sell off) assets."

If it's 7, they are likely all done.

Hnstray likes this.
  21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5window likes this.
  22. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad but... Last year I heard they had the factory broadcloth for my 56. I inquired on the phone if they would sell me 4-5 yards. They no.. Interiors only. Too bad, found it at SMS and bought. We can only hope someone like SMS will buy their stock. Prices are high by everyone but if someone has what you need !!!. I'm sorry for the A guys as they had the best.

ems customer service likes this.
  23. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

IIRC, I thought they also had bought out Rodinteriors.com, and perhaps autointeriors.com. I've used both of them in putting interiors in my Kustoms! I hope someone buys that portion of the business, as it was a great economic alternative to an expensive upholstery shop.

24. 62rebel

62rebel

They did. Perhaps taking on those entities was more than they could handle. Personally, I felt that their prices were too high, but that is neither here nor there. It's sad to lose a valuable source of supply

25. 62rebel

62rebel

We're fortunate in the Charleston area to have several upholstery shops that have to be competitive in pricing. Of course, they usually do boats, but be patient and bring them a clear plan for what you want and you might get a good deal.

26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

It was the ratting and hotting of 'A' rods that sent them under...and you know who you are.

alanp561, Hnstray and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I visited the factory before I started on my roadster when I went home to Boston for a family reunion. Great folks, got a tour. They have hundreds of patterns. The color match between my leather Glide seat & vinyl door panels is perfect. I ordered the material & my upholsterer did the sewing. They sewed the top & it's a perfect fit. Have never installed the side curtains or boot cover but expect they are equal fit & quality. I also bought the perforated headliner in my '51 Ford sedan from Rod Interiors - another perfect fit. They do a lot more than "As".

Attached Files:

28. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to hear. I had them do a couple of 40 Ford convert tops and they were perfect.

29. Bought new seat springs for my 34 chev 5 window , rumble seat springs and wood to install .Nice products ,nice fit .
    Shame ,you can get material and upholstery anywhere , Springs not so much .