Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Featured Classifieds: Hi-Timers Club Car

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Featured Classifieds: Hi-Timers Club Car

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

kidcampbell71, 40oz and Tim like this.
  2. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

Piece of art right there.Awesome

3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

So Cal had The Recycler, $1.50 and you got it the night before and you opened it up to the Classic section first and headed for the phone.
    Local was the Green Sheet and one would stand by the news stands awaiting the arrival of the tied bundles, and they were FREE!
    A good friend's son beat me to the deal of the year, 20 years ago, and at the age of 15 he bought a front engine dragster, I didn't fit anyway. His first car, he and his dad ran it at few tracks he learned a bunch, has built Novas, has had some fun with the two guys on the internet that do crazy things and just sold a OT Miata in which he replace the body with a roll cage ala a Atom.I'm glad he got the dragster, and he still has it.

4. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

30+ years ago I saw a car similar to this at the Corvette swap meet in Puyallup, WA. The NDRA was just getting going and there were still quite a few tracks that you could run them at.

Royalshifter's price is more than fair, but the one I looked at back then was a fraction of the cost and nobody was even looking at it. Man the times have changed.

After all these years I still dream of having and running that car.

5. I thought I was the only car nut doing that!:confused: I would take my lunch breaks sitting in it having a cold one! Or just watching the price is right.:rolleyes:

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

It sounds like you should probably just buy it! @Ryan

Smitty544, HEMI32 and Tim like this.
  7. 40oz

40oz
    from kAnSas

I log on here everyday at this time to do just that... I browse the classifieds and dream of the next project. I spend 30 minutes of each day scrolling and picturing what people have for sale, as mine, and in my garage. Though, I do have what I consider one of the sweetest projects around (1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe)... It will never stop me from daydreaming ... It never seems to be enough no matter what you have. So each day I indulge myself by breaking the 10th commandment and 3 out of the 7 deadly sins between 11:00 - 11:30 CST. And yes, I have pictured owning this FED. And while the price is right, I must only mentally sin and not actually purchase... One marriage for life and one project at a time.

8. As a moderator I peruse the classifieds a few times every day. I have absolutely NO room for another project but I desperately want Corncobcoupe 's 58 Rambler American for $850. I bought my last "race car" [another American] to run the first ever HAMB drags in '03. Did it and sold the non-titled car then and there to Fatasswhitewalls .
    I have no room for a race-only car unless I dump my street car. Doesn't stop me for wanting one.
    Do both engines come with that $7000 dragster?

9. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

Buy it.
    You need it.
    It’s fukkin cool.
    I’m taking to you Ryan.

Sancho likes this.
  10. Hombre

Hombre

Rocky buy that sucker, send it down to Bama I will store it for you deliver it to what ever drag strip you want to make a run at once or twice a year and send you a picture everyday for you to drool over. All of this I will do for no charge just out of the goodness of my heart.

11. mgermca

mgermca

...or just buy it and hang it on the wall, that would be cool too.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

kidcampbell71 likes this.