Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 59 galaxie mild custom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thechondro, May 29, 2014.

1. First time posting a build and also my first build so please bear with me.

Attached Files:

2. some more pics

Attached Files:

3. Squablow

Squablow

Looks good, what are the plans for it? I had a '59 Fairlane 500 for a while that still belongs to a local club guy, and I'm finishing a '59 Edsel 2 door post so I like to see this era Ford get built.

4. Subscribed, er.............. watching. I have a 59 2 dr. H.T on the project list. Good Luck!

thechondro likes this.

5. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

charleyw likes this.
  6. Things are slowly coming along. Haven’t posted pics in forever .

7. [​IMG] Also got a new tat since then. Was in rehab and stuff for a bit. Cleaned and knocking out shit now.

8. [​IMG][​IMG] my buddy Bart helping me out with some wiring.

9. Probably slam it on bags and do some subtle customizing. Will paint it someday myself. Lots to do before that. Sorry for the late response

10. I agree. I love the panel type stuff. I just have to see what I’m thinking when the time comes

11. 62rebel

62rebel

Member Toucan on here has or used to have my old '59. I put a 390 in it to replace the tired old 352. He did a lot of beautification and I lost track of him.

12. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

13. BJR

BJR

Good for you to clean up. You have a lot of work in this car. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

14. 62rebel

62rebel

Toucan; you still out there?

15. Toucan hasn't logged in since May 15, 2017

16. Is it wise to do a diagonal split brake line system for the galaxie? instead of just back and just front? If so. Anyone have a diagram for this? I'm broke and have no help

17. Squablow

Squablow

As in, one circuit controls one front and one rear line, and the other controls one front and one rear? That's not how you want to do that. If a line fails on a dual chamber master, you want the brake power all in front or all in rear, not one side or another, even if you went left front/right rear and vice versa. One front brake working and one not is going to wrench the steering wheel out of your hand in a panic stop.

A '67 Mustang drum/drum non-power master cylinder bolts into an otherwise stock '59 Ford and is really cheap to buy, plumb both fronts into one half of the master and both rears into the other half. You want to make sure your pushrod has the right length also, if you lose a line and the pedal bottoms out before you get pressure in the remaining half of the master, you still won't be able to stop.

18. SQUABLOW: I definitely already installed a aftermarket, two circuit master with a (think it was an 8" booster) I also have a combo valve that I haven't figured out how to install yet. but I think I'm on the right path. I had to change my cobra valve covers unfortunately because they were just too tall to some low profile black powder edelbrock valve covers. but that's ok. They give just enough room to get that booster in there. :D Just gotta figure out how the new lines will run in maybe a diagram or something, since I'm going from 1 circuit to 2 circuit (also with all the new equiptment) EX: master, combo valve, lines, new Scarebird disc kit in the front. I'm so confused. :( Hope this explains this all enough... Thanks Squablow! appreciate the response. All I have is time now. So I'm trying to go to the shop as much as I can. Our shop is closed down right now. (We sell and service fire extinguishers) So its a good quarantined place to work!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  19. Squablow

Squablow

Not sure what you mean by combo valve? But generally when doing a straight-across dual chamber conversion, your car originally had one line going down from the master cylinder to a distribution block, and that block had 3 lines coming off of it. One to each front wheel, and one to the back which got split again on top of the rearend.

The new setup would run the long line going to the back right to one pot on the master cylinder, and the other pot on the master cylinder would run down to that distribution block, with the port that originally ran to the back getting blocked off.

20. IMG_1170.JPG
    Squablow. Here’s the combination valve I was talking about. I had the seller send a diagram which I think answers a lot of my questions.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. I used a CCP or CPP? distribution block on my Ford. It has a rear bias adjuster built into it. Something with internal valving, I would avoid it.