Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot rod Hundred Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadfootloon, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Saturday May 18th
    On behalf of the CrossMembers Car Club, we'd like to thank all who participated in the 2018 Wisconsin Hot Rod Hundred, and made it such an awesome day of riding around in hot rods (and a few Kustoms)!

The Hot Rod Hundred is designed to bring back something that has been missing for the last few decades…..driving. The 2019 Wisconsin Hot Rod Hundred will be a drive that is off of the beaten path of everyday travel, for most folks. We'll drive on two lane state highways, cruise through some small towns, and have some rest stops along the way, so we can admire each other's cars and regroup. You are guaranteed a route that is 100 miles or greater.

Don’t want to drive your precious hot rod or custom that far? Maybe this event isn’t for you. This event embraces road chips and bug guts as a badge of honor. Go a hundred or go home………..

Schedule of events:
    7:30AM - Check-in begins
    8:30AM - Check-in closes
    8:45AM - Driver meeting
    9:00AM - Departure

The "Starting Location" will be in the north parking lot of Comfort Suites Johnson Creek Conference Center 725 Paradise Lane Johnson Creek, Wisconsin 53038. A block of rooms is reserved at Comfort Suites until April 17th. To reserve a room call 920-699-2800 or 920-699-3900, email [email protected] . If you have questions ask for Marissa Douglas, Director of Sales or contact Neil Waddell. Please note, you are not obligated to book a room at Comfort Suites. There are other hotels in the area that may be more economical.

We will end with a lunch and a few awards being handed out at a rural location just north east of Baraboo. If you have room bring along a couple folding chairs (marked with your name).

Due to the number of registered cars expected this year, it's highly probable that stopping places along the route will not accommodate all of us to gather at one time. This is actually a good thing, as it will allow participants to stop when they want/need to along the way, for bio-breaks, fuel, etc.

An added opportunity for those heading south from Baraboo, we will have a second leg taking the Merrimac Ferry over the Wisconsin River stopping at a drive-in, later that afternoon.

PLEASE NOTE - There are a few specific changes to the registrations for 2019 due to the logistics of the event:

The focus of the event will be for cars and trucks 1964 and older. (If you participated in the prior events, you are still welcome!)
    All pre-registration entries must be postmarked by April 28, 2019 to receive the event T-shirt. You may still register after April 28, but the T-shirt will not be included.
    The organizers may choose to cap the number of registered participants accepted based on the final route chosen.
    Ronny Gilmore [email protected]

2. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Giddy Up!!

This is a sure sign that spring is just around the corner! :)

3. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

hand-294059__340.png

I give that one big thumbs up!

4. Sure hope you can make it this year!

5. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

If the Unibody makes the trip, we'll be there...

6. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm trying again......barring any unforeseen challenges the wife is charting out our course. It's about 900 miles for us.

8. That would be so cool!!!

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

I will be hobbled after riding that far in the Produce truck. 3-4 hours is about my max in that thing.

Waddell and leadfootloon like this.
  10. Eds_tls

Eds_tls

Is the criteria the same as last year? My 64 Merc is basically stock with the exception of some non period correct 14” wheels that were on the car when I bought it. 225/74 tires so they’re not rubber band tires either. The wheels are not donks by any means but I would not consider them Hamb approved

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  11. Your fine, come for the fun.

12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Sounds like a blast.

leadfootloon likes this.
  13. gene-koning

gene-koning

I'm registered, the check will be in the mail in the morning. My wife and I will be there. We might be in a pickup truck or the coupe this year! I'm trying to get my son to participate as well. Gene

14. upload_2019-2-23_7-52-51.png
    Register NOW and pick up your shirt 18 May!

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

Are there any shop crawls happening? Just wondering......trying to plan accordingly.

16. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

If I can keep Friday night free, I’ll open up the shop for a Friday night open house. The shop is about 30 miles east of Johnson creek.

Roothawg and PBRmeASAP like this.
  17. That would be cool the 55 will make this year. I put on about 5 hundred miles last year so the bugs are worked out for the most part. I missed last year by a week. And had to be a passenger :(

18. Registration is closing soon!!! Sign up today.

David Gersic likes this.
  19. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's Friday AM, having my morning coffee and getting things packed. The fenderless BS has got me gun shy on which car to bring, but we'll see you all Saturday AM for sure.
    Dan & Lucy

20. I'm taking my out of state highboy. See you there.

Phil

leadfootloon and MMM1693 like this.
  21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Have fun guys I’ll be watching for pictures and waiting to see what the TShirts look like.

Waiting to see if there are any left over shirts in XL available too :)

chryslerfan55 and leadfootloon like this.
  22. Go a hundred, or go home!

Phil

23. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh boy, a throw down!

0NE BAD 51 MERC and leadfootloon like this.
  24. No pressure. See you there.

Phil

leadfootloon and MMM1693 like this.
  25. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Oh crap I didn’t know about this event and first time I seen this.... looks like a cool cruise

26. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

leadfootloon likes this.
  27. Drive safely every one See in the morning!!

Max Gearhead likes this.