Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Please Help ID this Cap!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by amadeus, Mar 15, 2019.

1. amadeus

amadeus

Hello fellow HAMB’rs
    Can someone help me ID this beautiful cap? Not sure if its a Radiator or Fuel Cap, its about 3-3/4 is this maybe some accessory from the 20’s-30’s?? Looks like it came off a high-end 20’s-30’s car, It has beautiful scrolls and designs , if anyone knows what this is please let me know.

Thank You all in advance!

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  2. Man I don't know - but if I was being a smart ass - I swear I saw it on a chariot in an old movie.........but bump up for those in the know !

Texas Webb likes this.
  3. fortynut

fortynut

Very nice. The Genisis for the engraving certainly looks to be from the detail work on firearms. With the handle it is definitely a cover for the use you mention. I have done a lot of automobile museum going and have never seen one like it. Good find. I hope a fellow HAMBer can identify it for you, as we are as diversified a Groupon as has ever existed.

4. BJR

BJR

5. redo32

redo32

Notice the stylized A on the front. There is a list of 128 American auto manufacturers that begin with "A". From ABC in 1900 to Avanti in the '60's. A lot of them obscure or only made a few autos and no pictures exist.

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't have any idea what its off...or possibly could have been an aftermarket ad on...I did a thread on caps and many were just made to jazz up the old car a bit...

That is a very beautifully styled one that's for sure...mind if I post it in my thread @amadeus. Thanks for sharing

Are there any patent #'s on the inside anywhere?

The cap thread...here...;)

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/cool-vintage-radiator-caps.1103166/

7. amadeus

amadeus

Please feel free to use the images someone might will be able to ID it, I will look for any identifiers , maybe there is something under that crud

Stogy likes this.
  8. amadeus

amadeus

Thank You Sir

9. amadeus

amadeus

Thank you Redo32