Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Find of a lifetime, for me 35 3 window!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ralph Moore, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Got my shrinking disc, decided to try it on an “easier” spot on right rear fender first.
    Going to take some practice for sure, but I can see it helping out on these rippling fenders. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 and akoutlaw like this.
  2. 50DropTop

50DropTop

Looking much better! Keep up the good work.

3. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

A "not-so-amusing" story --

I too love '35 3-windows, somewhat more than '36s (those are nice too; no offense meant to anyone). I posted this to another thread a while ago, and I apologize for not knowing how to just reference the post:

"When I was a senior in high school (admittedly many decades ago), an acquaintance of mine bought an absolutely mint, black '35 Ford 3-window coupe, from the proverbial "little old lady" in Vermont. My acquaintance had some financial troubles soon thereafter, and offered me the car for $300. I had just blown the engine in my '51 Ford, and was madly in love with his car. So I went home and told my mother that I was buying a '35 Ford. Well, she went ballistic; "You aren't bringing any old junk box like that around here!"

So I past the word along to a friend that the car was available, and he bought it.

The following Sunday, I drove my mother to church (in my father's Oldsmobile). As we were walking from the parking lot towards the church, my friend drove by in his "new" '35, beeped his horn, and waved. Mom exclaimed "Gee, that's a cute car. Why don't you get one like that!"

(Yes, I did have thoughts of matricide!)"

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Nice '35 on cover and featured in newest "Street Rodder". 20190316_022927.jpg "

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    1935streetrod and RustyDogg like this.
  5. RustyDogg

RustyDogg

Outstanding!! Enjoy every moment with it

6. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Well, I’m getting better at it. But it’s definitely a slow process. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. gary kessler 1932

gary kessler 1932

looks like the car is coming longhand so are you!! keep at it man, u r doing great!!!

8. tex1935

tex1935

great find, I will be following the thread,, love the 35

9. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I got a tip from a neighbor that his brother-in-law's Dad died and they were clearing out his estate. He had a 35 Ford in a garage in Fern Creek a suburb out side Louisville, Ky. I went and looked at it and made them an offer on it. It had a real bad axe slice in the rear fender, but other than that had a good body. The family couldn't make up their minds what they wanted for it, so I told my neighbor to tell his brother-in-law to keep me informed when they made up their mind. I never got a call. Found out a year later that they had accepted $800 more than my offer, and they threw in 3 flat head engines, and two rear ends, and a lot of parts, just to get the garage cleaned out. Guess I should have stayed on it. Congrats, build that car and drive it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.