Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1926 essex....hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 69ranger, Mar 9, 2019.

1. 69ranger

69ranger
    from mo

so the plan is not to move the radiator out further from the engine. i can leave it where it is and use a stock style grill shell. i just want to add a bit longer frame horn in front of it to give it the older look with the longer frame horns in front of the radiator. like you see in most model a's. i will put the shell on, lengthen the horns a bit, metal dress them and you will never even know it has been done. if that dont work, ill move on to plan ''b''. which is come up with a plan ''b'' lol. ill post pics of the madness that is fixing to take place lol again guys thank you for all the input. i love to here good ideas. except cut the car up and move the engine., just kidding..............but really im not going to do that lol

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A good sideshot showing the car minus the mad max barbecue grill might be the first step. Once that tin is off it might not be as bad as it looks and a correct design radiator and shell to match might go a long way along with maybe a change or two on the front of the engine to shorten things up. Using this rather than that might save a few inches and not even get away from the FE parts bin.

3. 69ranger

69ranger
    from mo

all that junk on it is fiberglass. crafty i might add, but never the less fiberglass and odd looking. i will get better pics when it stops raining. front and sides.

4. chriseakin

chriseakin

Just did a quick google on Hudson history - Hudson merged with Nash kelvinator to become AMC and AMC was purchased by Chrysler (Renault apparently bought a majority interest in 1979 and Chrysler's purchase came after that). Thank you wikipedia.

5. Dwardo

Dwardo

Your Essex was a product of the Hudson Motor Car Company and has no relationship to Chrysler, per se. It was a low-priced car and sold very well. Later it was replaced in the lineup by the Terraplane, which in its first or second year was called the "Essex Terraplane". The connection with Chrysler seems to be that American Motors (formed from Hudson and Nash) acquired the Jeep brand, which was later owner by Chrysler. I figured all that out when I started receiving a nice magazine from Chrysler that covered all those cars. So, related by shotgun marriage, if you will.

6. 69ranger

69ranger
    from mo

as long as it has a ford power plant, its ok by me lol.