Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Edelbrock hot start problem , UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chainsaw, Feb 21, 2019.

1. I would bump up your fuel pressure to 5.5, I've been running that for 12 years on a low profile 2x4 setup, with stock mechanical fuel pump. The only time mine is hard to start is when it sits a couple months, other than that I just barely crack the throttle, hit the key and boom, starts right up, points distributor and stock coil.

2. Tum Taylor

Tum Taylor

By hard start are you saying it cranks fine but just wont start? Or slow cranks like a bad starter or battery? I had a slow crank issue when warmed up, threw all kinds if stuff at it. Found a melted to a header battery to starter cable...

3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Last summer I replaced the Q-jet with an Edelbrock carb and manifold on my convertible and couldn't be happier with the way it performs. It starts better after sitting for months than before, and I had no hard start when hot problems last summer

4. Cranks fine just sputters for awhile till it hits. Still 22 degrees outside,working on car is on hold for a while

5. Put in insulators, rerouted gas line and rechecked floats. Floats were fine. Starts alot better now when hot but the temp outside hasnt been above 75 yet. Have to see what happens when it gets to over 100 here. Thanks for all the help guys.

6. Lee Veinotte

Lee Veinotte

I had fuel boiling in my Edelbrock as well. 1 inch spacer cured it.

olscrounger likes this.
  7. primed34

primed34

Spacer worked for me.

8. sdluck

sdluck

This is on a tunnel ram,i don't think it is vapor lock

swade41 and egads like this.
  9. Have you checked your ignition yet?

10. Pulled # 5 plug wire ,put in screwdriver and had spark jump when hot. If its true the area over the trans tunnel is the hottest spot then I think rerouting the fuel lines was the problem.