Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Another Survivor Surfaces

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mark Jenny, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

RiffRaffRoadster and Moriarity like this.
  2. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

yes sir....I think that God cares about the little things that matter to us as well!

drdave and loudbang like this.
  3. Don't change a thing! Man that's cool!!!

scott27, Mark Jenny and loudbang like this.
  4. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

brought tears to my eyes!love it

Mark Jenny and loudbang like this.
  5. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

Thanks for the year ID on the master!!...it has hydraulic lifters ...don,t know if the fan has been chopped or not...I had it off to clean it and I didn't see anything suspect...I'll let you know about that shifter...at first I couldn't budge it barely...but we took it off and broke it down...cleaned and added fresh grease...put it back together and it shifts effortlessly now...but I cant really tell until I drive it...all the grease on the shifting mechanism had literally turned to stone,so with that in mind I'm changing the throw out bearing and all the wheel bearings too...I really appreciate your offer on that shifter...awfully kind hearted of you!!

Stogy likes this.
  6. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

I'm resisting any change at all...only what is necessary......

brad2v, Denns1989, wicarnut and 3 others like this.
  7. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

I hear ya;)

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

What a neat car!

Mark Jenny likes this.
  9. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

It doesn’t matter how much you paid for this car, you got the best deal ever!
    Keep us in the loop.

Mark Jenny likes this.
  10. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the reasoning is to keep the oil from baking on the bottom of the manifold basically turning it into a lump of carbon that might calve off chunks that could eventually clog up the oil pump screen. Pieces small enough to make it through the screen would make their way into the oiling system.

11. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

it is amazing when this stuff can stay together all these years! great find.

12. Those are gen-u-ine reversed stockers that somebody had chromed. Very definitely a late '50/early '60s thing. That's a great detail, I hope you find a pair for the rear although it may be tough sledding. Worse case, reverse a pair yourself and paint all of them.

Mark Jenny likes this.
  13. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

Well I recognize that steering wheel
    IMG_2375.JPG
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. DannyBrent28Sedan

DannyBrent28Sedan

I just saw your post and I said, I know that car. I'm envious of your power train, rear axle and brakes because I'm sure they're a lot easier to work on than Jaguar. I see a lot of similarities between this car and my 28. Main difference is my 28 has a 5-inch chop. If all goes well we will have her car at the Western Nationals in Bakersfield.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Mark Jenny likes this.
  15. wicarnut

wicarnut

Very Kool ! Great Find ! Real Hot Rod History, happy to read you're keeping it as found, just making it drivable, Go buy some lottery tickets, you are on a roll. Congrats Again !

anothercarguy and Mark Jenny like this.
  16. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

is that A gasser in your avatar the one that was for sale about a year ago?...did you buy it?...that thing is radical!

17. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

looks killer with the chop!!...I have another 28 sedan that I had the top chopped 4.5 inches...just need a frame and I'll be on my way to another cool sedan!

18. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

RiffRaffRoadster likes this.
  19. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

even if I could just locate a used set that were not reversed ...the patina needs to match though...

Denns1989 likes this.
  20. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

yup!

21. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

ok...so why then take it off?...I don't see the advantage...would it be risky?

22. Just ausome, what a find !! You will be a great caretaker.

Mark Jenny likes this.
  23. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

When is that coming up? I will Google it later if you don't get a chance to respond soon.... Sounds fun.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

These are two cars that have had a lof of influence on my personal build. I don't own either of them... both really badass cars, though.

loudbang and Mark Jenny like this.
  25. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I remove them, do a deep cleaning, then reinstall. Todays motor oil shouldn't cake up like that old paraffin based oil from back in the day....

26. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I really like this car... I hope to find something like it someday.

Mark Jenny likes this.
  27. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Take the tin cover off to only check for burn through of the crossover, then re-install it. New rivets are available. I've also seen the tin covers filled with crud, even though there are drain holes on the bottom of them. The manifold may be fine, but I've seen holes you could stick a couple of fingers in (get your minds out of the gutter guys!), and some with just pin holes that'll just get larger. One of those, better-safe-than-sorry deals. I'm going to have the last remaining factory 2 X 4 intake I have welded up at the to-the-head mounting surface; it's a first series 56 manifold, really hard to find, and they bring more $$$. I'd rather deal with it taking a while to heat up, than risk ruining that intake (I suppose you could "save" a burned up manifold that way also). Or, you could be fine and never have a problem. The factory aluminum intakes are thin castings, and the aluminum porous; really light weight compared to an aftermarket aluminum manifold. Used to be a member here, bfalfa55, who's Grandfather had a 265, that had an internal fire (still has his G-father's engine); that's really about the only way that can happen, a crossover burn through on an aluminum factory intake. Never seen that with an aftermarket intake, or a cast iron intake. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

28. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

Thanks brother...I'll try my best...

Denns1989 likes this.
  29. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

Thanks

30. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

Mark-I’m a new member and have my own project in the works. Not sure how to copy the link here, but look under the thread “Model A body on Deuce frame with fenders-help!”

It’s a ‘32 Ford frame and fenders with 1931 Model A body

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71, scott27 and Mark Jenny like this.