Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '36DD - (My Double Duty 3-window build.)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Surf City, Mar 30, 2012.

1. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Classy

Surf City likes this.
  2. Loving it

Surf City likes this.
  3. Drivinford

Drivinford

Fannnntastic

Surf City likes this.
  4. Hey Lon, a thousand apologies! Next time we gotta' catch up and talk 36's...:D

Bear:)

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  5. Thanks Rokit!:cool: That has gotta' be the highest praise I've ever got. I've been studying chopped 36's for around 40 years and knew where I wanted to be with the profile. Right now I'm as close as I could ever have imagined - just hoping that my finishing will be up to par... :eek:

Bear:)

6. It is with the utmost sadness I must inform you of Bear's untimely passing ( the result of an accident) on Saturday 9th March. A very talented man taken too soon. Condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.

PaGnome, Okie Pete, Outback and 3 others like this.
  7. Richard Head

Richard Head

Oh that's sad news. I've been following this thread for a few years, and he was getting so close. RIP
    This was one of the few build posts that updated consistently. Bear was doing amazing work.

8. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Condolences to all

Okie Pete, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  9. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Say it ain't so, it just can't end this way.................................................................
    STANCE IS EVERYTHING!:cool: RIP

10. rudestude

rudestude

Man.....I was just looking and reading this thread for the first time ...all along thinking this guy has got it right...and admiring his work ..then I see the posting with the news...and I can honestly say that for not knowing this person personally and the fact that he and his build were just brought to my attention...just moments ago....I am absolutely sicked by the news of his passing...especially due to a accident....my hands are shaking so.....prayers to the family......I hope that his dreams and vision's do not end here....and when the time is right ...they become reality .....

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Okie Pete, Terrible80, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  11. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

12. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

This is sad to hear, RIP Bear

13. Thank you for letting us know. This is so sad. Prayers to his loved ones. He will be missed here on the H.A.M.B. as well.

14. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:( Condolences to family and friends.
    Leo

15. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was only in the shed this morning ,I rarely go into this shed and this was looking at me.
    F21AEDCC-BE61-4B33-8CE4-BC22F111F5FC.jpeg Oh no ,that just gives me the chills right through, didn’t go to his rod run this year but have been other years and throughly enjoyed his hospitality and fun company.
    A real loss to the community.
    Thoughts to Holmberg family,and a speedy recovery to wife and daughter.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Okie Pete, RMR&C, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  16. Very disturbing news for sure. It states in the news article that the other family members are in stable condition. So tragic. Condolences to the family.

Okie Pete, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. 409belair

409belair

Oh no ... I can't believe what I'm reading.I have been following Bear's build all along while building my own 3 window.He had so many great idea's and so much talent ... RIP Bear, we'll miss you mate.
    Condolences to the family and I hope you all have a speedy recovery.

18. There’s a lot of broken people in the world right now as we learn of the tragic passing of Wayne “Bear” Holmberg. It simply doesn’t seem real nor fair. Bear was genuinely one of the real deal genuine happy guys you ever have the good fortune to meet. A motoring accident took his life unfairly and Sue and Charley have their own things to also deal with in addition to this awful tragedy. They’re a tight family too and that was one of Bears many qualities. He was also an extremely talented forward thinking visionary when it came to art and sign writing. His positive Kiwi can do attitude made him an integral member of the Gisborne based Surf City Club. It was his art which was highly regarded and cherished if you won Rodders Choice - a framed portrait of your car by Bear was the best hot rod award ever. His talent was also reflected in his car building expertise with his most recent efforts a T roadster Kookie style, a 63 Nova, 34 Woody under construction and not to mention his incredible 36 3 window coupe. Entirely owner built, the 36 reflected his artistic and creative design with workmanship like that of a professional hot rod shop. Bear touched the lives of many which makes this even more difficult to accept as reality - it’s never supposed to play out like this. May you Rest In Peace Bear and our sincere condolences to Sue, Charley, family and friends.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

19. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

I am so sorry to here this, my condolences to his family and his friends.

Okie Pete and Stogy like this.
  20. Mart

Mart

Wow, that wasn't what I was expecting.. Really sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family. Is there a more general thread mentioning this tragic loss?

Mart.

21. Rckt98

Rckt98

Fuck. I have only just caught up with this news. What a tragedy.

22. Wow, this is so hard to hear. My prayers go out to his family!

23. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Is there anyone in New Zealand, a close HAMB friend or Surf City Club member that would be willing to facilitate sending Sue & Charley something appropriate if I was to PP funds to them on behalf of the HAMB community?

24. Rckt98

Rckt98

Greg, that is very well written.
    Can someone put up a thread about his passing as not everyone is following this thread.
    With a pic of him and his cars would be special.
    Russell

kadillackid, Outback, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  25. cretin

cretin

Oh man, that is sad news. I just met him on his trip to GNRS.

26. This is awful news. I'd never met Bear, but talked to him several times here. I've always been in awe of his art, and his cars. A very sad day for New Zealand Hot Rodding.
    Rest in paradise road Bear.
    My condolences and thoughts go out to Bears family and friends.

27. JEDI363W

JEDI363W

Sad news indeed. This thread and his thourough respons to my question have helped me as well. His surname Holmberg sounds very Swedish. Did the family derive from Scandinavia? My deepest condolences. /Jesper

Sent from my SM-G960F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A tragic loss of a very talented human being. Prayers sent for friends & family.

29. Rckt98

Rckt98

Bump to the top for those that haven't caught up with the news.

30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019