Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Modifying shroud to fit on aftermarket radiator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joseangel_1976, Mar 9, 2019.

1. joseangel_1976

joseangel_1976

Wondering if anyone has ever modified their fan shroud to fit on an aftermarket radiator (champion) 4 rows I think the factory shroud has the trans lines on the passengers side, but the after market has the trans lines located below the radiator. Just wondering if anyone has pics they can post on here to get an idea. It's getting in Texas this summer, just want to prepare myself. Thanks! :)

2. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Sure.
    Not aftermarket, but a different radiator than it was designed for.

Mike

3. slim39

slim39
    from pa

It will probably be even easier to do with the trans lines on the bottom of the radiator

4. joseangel_1976

joseangel_1976

it's what i was thinking. i might have to drill the holes tho. is there some special type of drill for this? i can probably measure how far they would go in according to the aftermarket radiator

5. squirrel

squirrel

we can only guess what it is you're working on, since you didn't tell us. What is the shroud made of? What kind of car is it?

reagen and sdluck like this.
  6. joseangel_1976

joseangel_1976

Oops it's a 1962 cadillac. I believe the original fan shroud is made out of metal. My original radiator was replaced with a 4 row aluminum champion radiator.