Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Crashed and Burned

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t-rod, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Praying for your family.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Humor is exactly what I use to deal with issues in my personal life, especially death. It can offend family members at times, but is never meant to do so. It helps me to laugh, and in turn not be a prisoner to the mental pain & sorrow.
    I love how your son called the T "the roaster"; I speak that very language style when referring to personal family losses. Not all of my family likes it, but it is endearing, not mockery. Not the same as cheap shots or even teasing about life-changing tragedies. A real, genuine way to vent, laugh, and even let out some pain. Armchair advice-givers (blabbermouths) don't get that privilege, just those like you and your close ones who really went through it.

That said, I actually didn't mean any joking in my original message! More of a somber analogy with a shot of churchiness (born & raised here in Utah, you can prolly guess...!). The rest of us have no clue of the unimaginable pain, suffering and growth this has brought you and those close to you. Sounds to me like you really are refined from this terrible tragedy, and that shows by your attitude alone.
    I just hope using the "refiner's fire" didn't appear like a shallow joke. We use that (in a more serious tone) about my stay in the U of U Burn Unit, and how I was given sooooo much more refinement despite the terrible trial.

Man, I need to shut up! God bless you is what I'm trying to say.

t-rod and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  3. t-rod

t-rod

No offense taken. As I said, fire and hand jokes are funny! I didn't know before you are a burn survivor also, and to me, that makes it an inside joke which is even funnier.

Bad decisions make good stories.

CRH likes this.
  4. t-rod

t-rod

I had a busy week, HAMB-wise. Monday, mini, t-rod and I took a road trip to see the Hot Rod Works shop. He needs driving hours towards his permit, and a 11 hour round trip seemed a good way to rack up time. The two brother co-owners were the nicest guys, very accommodating to us for just showing up. Neat shop, too. We visited a while, grabbed lunch, and he drove us home. Then, earlier today, we met CRH and Mrs CRH for lunch. Talked for almost three hours about cars (of course), injuries, and music. We all like Social D, so we can be friends. The HAMB truly is a great place to find like-minded friends.

HotRodWorks and CRH like this.
  5. TWKundrat

TWKundrat

I have been wondering what happened since that night at the zip tie drags. I wasn't there for the accident but the track was still shut down for a long time after i got there. I did see the car and it sure gave me a sickening feeling to see the burnt helmet sitting inside. I honestly thought there was a good chance that the driver had been killed in the fire. I'm very glad to hear that you are still with us. Best of luck on the road ahead and I'm glad to hear your positive attitude about everything.

t-rod and HotRodWorks like this.
  6. t-rod

t-rod

There actually was a good chance of that, and a few more times after. I'm still here and kickin'. I still have the car and helmet. A friend thinks he wants the car to put the rear suspension under his car. I'll keep the helmet. Now that I'm not putting money into roaster, it's time to get the Lancer going. She's been resting long enough.