Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. While I feel the same way, I need to race SOMEBODY!!! What's a hot rod with no competition? Bring it out to the HAMB drags next summer and we can "drag it out!" Bring my brother with you.

2. TWKundrat

TWKundrat

You can run the full wheel covers when you have your chauffeur driving you around. P0011785.JPG

curbspeed likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Curbspeed_Insp1.jpg

@curbspeed
    Happy New Year Inspiration
    on the wheel discs
    &
    of course a more ambient background...

Just an Opinion of course...;)

Man that is one Spiffy Machine...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    itsmee, beatnik, Paul and 3 others like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was snooping the net the other day and I found this pic and for some reason thought of this thread...:D
    Crank the Link Wray...;)

Some things are as traditional as apple pie...

pic1-76.jpg

Credit to Photographer, Owner

5. Very nice job on the photoshop. Maybe I need to chrome them. Hmmm?

loudbang, 509garyd and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank You....Not sure on chrome though...I had them looking somewhat chromy and I didn't think it looked right I'll post one up later.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

While I agree that the solids with the caps and rings look awesome I thought the covers were to bold and overpowering...in lightening them up in color to fit in without overpowering I have put myself on the fence so to speak and @curbspeed has an eye for this so visuals are a great thing to ponder proposals without the repaints and chrome jobs...anyways heres an attempt at chromed covers...One thing I often feel is vintage color is largely lost from the past as most pictures are black and white and frankly stuff looks different. Thats why seeing vintage pics in color is so eye opening sometimes...Okay I shutup now...:D

Curbspeed_Insp2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    loudbang, 509garyd and curbspeed like this.
  8. Nice. thanks

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang likes this.
  10. Raiders are the tallest available at 32 inches in diameter. I know because I just did all this research.

The Firestones are next at 30.5 and Towel City makes 29.5 and 28.5 diameters. Raider also makes 820-15s that are 28.5.

Just Gary, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In reality the covers would provide less drag similar to those moon discs but we do know both solids and discs were run back in the good ole days. I think despite your opposition the lighter tones allow better overall balance if they were to be run but that will be @curbspeed's call.

loudbang likes this.
  12. Yes Rob my friend. Your 2 cents has now run out. Your down to 1 cent and falling fast. I know what you are saying. Nothing is permanent here. I will be going back to the plain white rims when I get those fixed. No worries.

509garyd and loudbang like this.
  13. Thanks D-Russ, Are the Raiders a 16 inch tire at 32 inches tall. I'm not a fan of those goofy tread patterns. I wish Hurst was still building tires. They had the perfect look.

14. You can get a 32 x 9 or 12 inch wide slick in both 15 and 16 from Raider. I just sold a set of mint 16 inch Hursts for $350.

15. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I think if the the covers are aluminum, they would look great brushed. Painted/chrome comes off as overpowering.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  16. It's going to take more than a set of fancy wheels to beat me Rob.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure as there is no other aluminum externally to balance out with, whereas the white goes with the white and chrome balances with the chrome inner fenders, wishbones, handles etc. Perhaps a polished aluminum as its shiny somewhat like chrome.

loudbang and 509garyd like this.
  18. I finally finished reading every word of this build thread, I wasn't surprised when I saw a comment of mine from way back on this thread. I got to see and sit in this badass machine in Florence AZ at a downtown car show. I have to say, It stopped me in my tracks, it is so friggon cool. I had the pleasure to meet Dale and he answered all my questions about the car. Super nice guy, he's a huge inspiration for me to get my junker started. If you get a chance to see this ride stop and take a look at all and I mean all the details. way over the top cool in my eyes

curbspeed, brEad, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  19. IMG_1631.JPG IMG_1630.JPG IMG_1629.JPG Thanks Choppa. I'm sure we will be seeing each other soon. Door panel work under construction. Drivers door next.

Fern 54, brEad, 509garyd and 5 others like this.
  20. Nice work! Santa Barbara this weekend?

loudbang likes this.
  21. I wish. Not able to attend. I'm going to a Goodguys show in Scottsdale in a couple of weeks. A lot closer to home. Father's Day weekend in Pomona is planned in June.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  22. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I actually think chrome 40 wheels /blackwalls would be darn near perfect for this car

Just the right amount of flash but still all business

23. Few pictures in the driveway after giving the neighbor an E-ticket. He was impressed at how hard it pulls. Looks like Holy Hell to me. I like the name. It fits. Lettering soon. IMG_1638.JPG IMG_1635.JPG IMG_1637.JPG

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Finn Jensen, Hank37, brEad and 10 others like this.
  24. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Looks bloody awesome. You started with a theme/vision and stuck to it right to the end.
    Fantastic result. Thumbs up.

curbspeed and loudbang like this.
  25. Great name!

26. Personally I wouldn't ruin that perfect car with any type of lettering on it.

loudbang likes this.
  27. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Looks great, I didn’t think I would love the antenna- but I love the antenna!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  28. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

99% sure this isn’t your style of music, but it instantly came to mind when I saw the name for your car.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Goodguys car show yesterday in Scottsdale Az IMG_1667.JPG IMG_1666.JPG . Won an award. Timeless Traditional. Not an award or trophy kinda guy. I just love doing what I'm doing.

itsmee, BigO, David Gersic and 6 others like this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats, the Award Class is very fitting and your recognition by award well deserved...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    36 ROKIT, curbspeed, Outback and 2 others like this.