Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Barris Metal Man Blackie's estate sale incl. Parisienne Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rods Ta Hell, Jan 24, 2019.

1. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

My wife is an estate planning and elder law attorney, and her and I have had this discussion numerous times. Neither of us can understand these estate sale companies that come in and put the prices sky high for the stuff they're selling. They should be below market value. The whole point of an "estate" sale is just that, an individual has passed and his/her estate needs to be liquidated. It's not like, "oh no big deal. I'll just keep it if I don't get top dollar". Estate taxes need to be filed, beneficiaries are entitled to their share of the total value of the estate, which includes residuals. Simply put, this shit needs to sell. So buyers at an estate sale are actually providing a service to the estate in helping to liquidate it. In exchange, they get a good deal on whatever it is they're buying. That's the quid pro quo. It's a win-win. So whatever company handled this sale did a disservice to the people that hired them. Hopefully this stuff ends up in the hands of people who will enjoy it, and that the estate is able to efficiently liquidate the items.

Surfcityrocker and loudbang like this.
  2. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

I was told the same thing that they were not going to break up the parts on the two pallets, hold them until sunday if the car did not sell, then later he shot me a price on the 61 FE Trich power set up. I was looking for the muncie 4 speed in the pictures, no were to be found. Also the 52? chevy's were gone. One picture in the estate sale showed the fins of a 57 chevy, that too was gone. I was told that there was a 69 427 vette there, it was a late 70's-80's vette with a 78 454 in it, it was a piece of crap. I was told that they are holding it again next friday and sat. Cars did not sell?? You are right, I should have gotten the 3 speed with overdrive. I was thinking about that last night, almost drove up again today. There should be a stick shift bell housing somewhere for that lincoln 430 motor.

Stogy likes this.
  3. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I bought both of the '52 Chevys... When I did there were other parts I was inquiring about that I was not able to buy. I got in early by luck, before the OP was posted.

WillyKJr and Stogy like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1 (5).jpg

1 (6).jpg
    Not being a smartass but might that 57 Chevy might actually be the the Caddy...the driver side quarter and door look absent too but parts cars can certainly be this way...

Some other questions for you Hambers that went...

Did anyone get any of the pile of pics...obviously not all Hamb Friendly but many probably were...

1 (2).jpg

Does anybody know what this this was?

1 (4).jpg

1 (3).jpg

1 (7).jpg

Just curious...glad some of you got some goodies...​

Pinstriper40 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I got to look at a few of his pictures, he had some really neat vintage (late 50's and 60's) trophies as well. One thing I really liked was his drawings. He was a Very talented artist!

Stogy likes this.
  6. oldolds

oldolds

From what I understand the estate sale people sell what they can the days of the sale for a commission and then charge to clean up the left over "junk". Then the take saleable items to ebay or a real auctioneer and sell it for what ever it gets. All around win for them.

7. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

The Parisienne custom sold to a guy back east. Not sure for what money but he is going to restore the car to its earlier condition. I have been in contact with him as he was disappointed that he had a deal for the car and its parts. The Estate sales people sold parts for that car. I have a few parts he wants back, the Lincoln tri power and the hurst yoyo shifter. He is also missing the air cleaner and the 3 speed transmission with overdrive. A friend of mine got a lot of pictures from the sale as well.

stanlow69 and Stogy like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Pinstriper...
    Did you snap any pics to share?...Life's like that...One Day we're here and then we depart...

Some of us do have a knack for spreading out the love for all things mechanical...

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It would be really nice to see some of those pics and art...if its Hamb friendly and I'm sure a lot of it was....and I'm glad that Ole Customs going back to its original makeover...hopefully he can gather up the missing pieces.

10. I went in Hope's of getting one of those 52 chevys. Was told they sold before the estate sale started and felt like someone killed my puppy. What gives that's false advertising if you ask me.

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Pinstriper40 bought the chevys...he was in early but being in to any sale early definately has advantages...your not alone many times I'm late to the party.