Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hop Up done?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mdcolby, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Do any of you guys have any idea when the website subscription status will change, I need to re-up !!

2. 100% Matt

100% Matt

No subscription.....no problem...... Do what I do. Go down to your local speed shop and buy it or order it from one of the many shops that sell it online...... just sayin

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

You’ll be able to buy individual issues on the website shortly, they generaly hit the website a week or two after subscribers get their copies.

I’m sure it’ll be resolved soon

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

-that being said this new issues a great one!

hotrodpodo and mdcolby like this.
  5. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

got a new subscription in December 18,been a subscriber since they restarted..Seen the rumors flying around that they were going down so in contacted them.They said they were not adding anymore subscriptions at this time but plan on going forward.They offered credit towards other items if i wanted.figured id just ride it out and see what happens.The latest issue was great as usual.

6. Never2low

Never2low

Just picked up 4 older issues I didn't have, and a T-shirt, at Cobo.
    Freaking love Hop Up!

mdcolby likes this.
  7. @seadog -

Last month, I ordered some merch from the logoHopUp.png SPEEDSHOP . . . the items were in my mailbox 4 days later.

I'm pretty sure that the lack of a way to "subscribe" to the printed magazine (i.e., "Volumes" & "Specials") is due to PayPal changing their policies regarding "subscription services" . . . Here's an excerpt of a "Cyber Monday" email I received from @Marcy on November 26th 2023:

In other HOP UP news we’ve been working hard on the latest issue, Special #8, that’ll be going to print soon. With the new issue will come a new subscription setup, PayPal’s made some changes to their subscription services and it left us hunting for a new way to get the mag into everyone’s hands and we think we came up with something that’ll make everyone happy, with multiple payment options. We’re doing some final revisions and should have the new service live on the site soon. Will update everyone when we get it going and the latest issue is ready to send out.
    Perhaps someone from the logoHopUp.png staff [i.e., Marcy Molkenthen (@Marcy), John Gunsaulis (@jadeidol), or Justin Baas (@Justin B)] will chime in here.​

- @HEMI32

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I fell asleep last night reading old Hop Up magazines. I woke with back issues.

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What if it was Playboy, nevermind I don't want to know!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hate staples.

Wanderlust likes this.
  11. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Too much chafing?

:D

RMR&C, Bandit Billy and Wanderlust like this.
  12. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

not on staff or associated FYI