Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brake shoe bonding ?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Mar 30, 2011.

1. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I got rebonded a few years ago ,the Judge threw it out though ,said something about Habitual Violator.

Truck64 likes this.
  2. BJR

BJR

Bond, James Bond IMG0055-copy-320x210.jpg

Elcohaulic and Truck64 like this.
  3. 35ford5window

35ford5window
    from Princeton

Use Anabond 230 but you have to use some heat like your wifes oven for about 1/2 hour so it will cure. It's only got about a 6 month shelf life if you keep it in the house at around 70 degrees f . Otherwise it will set up . It's not a 2 part epoxy . This is a brake bonding adhesive made to take a lot of brake heat directions on the can .

4. Sorry, if it came off it wouldn't be seeing anymore life on a vehicle of mine. I'd have no problem with cleaning the old shoe and rebonding a NEW lining to the shoe (all 4 shoes). I don't know how one would get the lining that came off clean enough to accept new adhesive and be sure of a secure bond.

I've been told I'm too safety conscious over the years though, so take what I say with a grain of salt. o_O

5. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

6. I just noticed how old this thread is. Haha, I get fooled like that sometimes.

Anyway, in case anyone cares, I still feel the same way. :)

HemiDeuce likes this.
  7. Thanks