Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1954 Mercury Monterey: Featured Classified

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

1954 Mercury Monterey: Featured Classified

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. 'Mo

'Mo

Not Junior's, but Herb Conway's (Junior's older brother).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  3. That blue '54 is perfect in my opinion, it's been on my screensaver for quite awhile. I can't imagine why it hasn't sold before now!

4. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Here's one I recently photoshopped from a stocker I saw in Colorado. Leaving the skirts off sets it apart from the pack. And looks better in my opinion. Nothing wrong with the stock caps either.

New Screensaver 2-1.jpg

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Good catch.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. 504640

Damn Right! It is a '53 though isn't it? Is it stock trim? '54s have that big Merc medallion on the front fender. Yours is cleaned up! I agree with your skirt and wheel cover selections! Great job! It is one that could be used as a pattern for the real deal!

7. I'm sure Ryan's post post will generate interest and get this car sold, it looks like a nice one. And I agree that this era of Ford doesn't need much to be a sweet custom.

If I had a car for sale in the classifieds for that long I'd probably do more than the occasional TTT or Bump. How about a bunch more photos? Under the car, the engine, the door sills and hinges, inside the trunk, under the carpet etc. Detailed, honest descriptions and current photos sell cars.

chryslerfan55 and K13 like this.
  8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, 50's Mercury designers really did a fantastic job - the one For Sale that is the main focus here is too nice to have not been picked by someone -but, I recently saw a magazine featured custom T-Bird in California offered for a real good price sat looking for a new owner for a long time - never know when or how a buyer/seller will connect

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Great post, been thinking about them as well lately.

10. The '52 - '54 Fords & Mercurys were overlooked for many years by both the parts manufacturers and the car enthusiast but in recent years have gain a lot in popularity in the last 10 years and I believe in part due to the Hamb that more people are building them and like Ryan said, they need very little to be great looking cars and the prices, especially on the featured classified is a smoking deal. HRP

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thats beautiful...but dang..I'm $15,000 short....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. I think 54s are dreamy. When I was in the 8th grade, a kid named Wasson had a VERY nice red and white Sun Valley glass top...sat low, wide whites,Dodge flipper caps, rumbly dual exhaust . He'd slide past every morning with his girl snuggled up close.while I was waiting on the school bus..
    Mortons 54 is the top 54 in my opinion. Perfect!

13. 'Mo

'Mo

A bit older, but...What more to say?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  14. catdad49

catdad49

Yes, sir! These don't need much to start with and the Blue one is
    Pretty much done. A few personalizations by the new owner and you have one sharp short. This should bring it over the top, a few test drives coming up!

15. hudson48

hudson48

Here is one in a recent issue of Car Kulture Deluxe. 1954 Mercury20190308_10401916 (Large).jpg

16. I have that issue, seems the owner quite literally lost his wife’s wedding ring ( can you say grounds for divorce) so he promised to build her the car to make up for it, she agreed and now has a cool custom.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. I'll never understand the Bellflower pipes....so out of place.

18. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Been geeking on the blue beauty for awhile now.
    But it always seems to be the case for me - still getting my current '46 Ford Coupe to the point of sale. Bummer but I'm so used to it now!
    Greaser Bob

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've heard that term, but never saw them until now, one of those things that you can't unsee now unfortunately.

Bob

54vicky and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. I had a '53 Monterey 2 dr hardtop, flathead OD, that was a decent, sound, stock car. I listed it on here, E-Bay, and finally it sold on local Craigs list.
    It was far cheaper than the one posted, albeit not as nice, but still had a heck of a time selling it..they just don't bring the money, in my opinion they deserve.
    I think they are a great looking car, that is affordable.

21. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

My 1954 Merc. Montery 40235649_268926077275493_346291337491906560_n.jpg