Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Help identify that car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doyle87fleetline48, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The light is a simple accessory spotlight, moved directly by hand rather than through an elaborate handle.
    I think that car could be identified by the nearly flat hood with its high hinges...that relates to a particular English make no longer properly filed in my memory.
    Kennedy the Ambassador was an enemy of Churchill...he wanted England to move out of opposition to Hitler. I think this was his particular version of realism rather than Nazi sympathies...he saw England as too unprepared and muddled to have a chance in war with Hitler.
    Jack was a sort of spare tire in his family, as his big brother was being groomed to carry out all the many political ambitions.
    Big brother died in the war while launching a B-24 on a sort of robot bomb mission. The plane took off with K as the pilot...he was to bail out and the plane was to be guided by I think a simple radio guidance controlled by another plane...? Anyway, K did not survive and the junker plane never got anywhere useful.
    (more on the robot bomb here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_P._Kennedy_Jr.
    It's pretty interesting! Objective seems to have been to fly the thing into a U-Boat pen, a fantastically hard target...only way was through the front door, requiring a running plane to get in there as the roof was strong far beyond a bombing attack.)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Moriarity and lothiandon1940 like this.