Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects tired of winter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Winter did so great this year, they extended it by another 6 weeks!
    I feel for you mid-westerners. You’ll see the ground in a month or so.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  2. Unfortunately, it'll be under six feet of water from all the flooding.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I always liked this one...................................................
    55f1c38c9646560c1a298e3f155b1066.jpg

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and abe lugo like this.
  4. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

brigrat I love that one. Just what I would love to do on a day when the high is only to be 5 degrees and windchill around -20 degrees!

5. jazz1

jazz1

3' of snow has to melt before my truck gets out of winter storage. -25C this am so no melt today

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Stogy, Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Same in this area. We have the most snow on ground since 1972 and 1977. Back then my way of snow removal was a snow float and shovel, but I had a teenager's body.. At least now I have a snow blower, and a 60 year old one.
    It's not really the amount of snow, it's the frequency of dumps, that's wearing me out, and using up the energy for shop time.

Stogy, Deuces and jazz1 like this.
  7. pkhammer

pkhammer

**Sigh** Scene out of the window this morning. I shouldn't complain because it isn't nearly as bad here as in the midwest and north. Made it to about 50 yesterday but this coming week only only in the 30's. :( 102_1459.JPG

Stogy, Deuces, Ron Funkhouser and 2 others like this.
  8. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Lot of flooding around here. Even the sea monsters are surfacing for a look.

Capture.JPG

LilBlue82, Stogy, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  9. I have a cat that predicts what the coming winter will be. If the fur on her back turns dark and coarse, we're in for a bad winter. The past couple of winters were mild, as this one is. She's about 100% accurate since we noticed the change in her coat.

Stogy, mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Surely you can’t be serious.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Yesterday, March 2nd. the sun finally came out and the thermometer reached 64 degrees, we went to a local cruise in, Just seeing and talking to old friends really recharged my batteries.

002.JPG

Next week the weatherman says the the temperatures are going to plummet to the low 20's at night, that sucks. HRP

Stogy, Deuces, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  12. It just climbed above zero today. Had 50 inches of snow so far. Bah, humbug!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. Watch out Abe...I might fill the rest of the trailer around your car with white stuff & deliver that to you as well! LOL

I am so damn tired of it. I don't know if it just because I am getting older or if it really longer every year!

God bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

chryslerfan55 and abe lugo like this.
  14. Bill, I would imagine all the ice & snow plays havoc with your transporting cars around the country. HRP

15. You are correct Danny,

I am able to plan my trips around the weather, but once in a while I just have to put up with it! I have been in Minnesota twice in the last month or so. The first trip the daytime high was -14, the 2nd trip I had about 150 miles of the fast lane being black ice & the slow lane being packed down snow as that 40+ mph wind blew it back over the road. I have 2 trips to the west coast this month. The first to Los Angeles, so Flagstaff pass is pretty much the only concern. The other one is Portland & Seattle, I am pushing that one as late in the month as I can. Then maybe the passes will be clear!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

5th weekend in a row with snow. Small storm this time just 4 inches but I' running out of a places to pile it. As I type it's 5 degrees with a windchill of -16 and tonight a windchill of -25/30 degrees is expected. I've got to go out about 5 and move today's accumulated drifts for the second time today. Just read the spring forecast and it said our part of the country can expect more severe weather (tornado's) than normal. As they say THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA?

chryslerfan55, das858 and jazz1 like this.
  17. F&J

F&J

I have to plan my errands around snowstorms because I hate to run the 32 in salt slush. So, it's kind of like what my 81 year old neighbor told me today.....he said people always stocked up the day before any storm in case it was worse than predicted. The Storm for tonight has the forecast of depth totals changing higher all day today..

I finished splitting more firewood by 3PM and then went out food shopping. I just love driving it, so I did a very long tour and got back at dusk...(in case we get hammered and can't get to drive it for a few days). The hotrod sure gets a lot of looks & thumbs up in winter. One college kid was video'ing it when I was leaving the store. NO, I did not light the tires for him.

18. And we keep hearing how it is getting warmer all the time. Hang in their summer coming and then some of us in the South will bitch through July and August.

chryslerfan55 and Speedwrench like this.
  19. mopacltd

mopacltd

Winter is a good thing. Gives you time to plan the cruises, car shows. Parts bought can be installed(in a heated garage) without the wife knowing you bought them(of course). And make sure some of those parts are for her classic! Life is good. Just have to balance good with the cold.

20. Lionheart

Lionheart

We've had close to 2 months of Way BELOW Normal temps here,
    and it is going to be -8 below zero with -28 Below wind chill tonight
    We are going to break.an almost 150 year record cold !!!
    We've also had More Snow than most years too, in fact the
    snowiest February EVER !!!
    Us Norskies are pretty rugged,,, but This Shit is getting old.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  21. mopacltd

mopacltd

Global warming........My ass!

22. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Years ago, before global warming

Attached Files:

Stogy, Deuces, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  23. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That's what I've been saying for years "THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA " who ever dreamed that one up had rocks in his head. We haven't had as much as you though. I guess I wasn't smart enough to leave here

24. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Like mopacltd said, all a balance, I moved out of Calif. over 40 years ago to move to the mid-west and I have enjoyed it here ever since. I'm putting a new engine in my car, my one buddy is changing frames in his El Camino, another buddy just finished up changing his trans, shoveling a little snow never hurt anyone in good health.

61Cruiser, LowKat and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

According to the Globe and Mail we got some sort of prize. I looked in the mail box this morning but mines not here yet. 20190304_074814.jpg

Stogy, Deuces, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  26. finn

finn

One town over is claiming 304” of snow so far this winter. Lake Superior is frozen over, though, so the daily dump should be tapering off.

Propane delivery to the shop is scheduled for later today. That will bring me to somewhere past 700 gallons for the shop alone this heating season.

This is an expensive hobby!

27. SwampLedge

SwampLedge

I’m not advocating for a longer winter, but for me, with the exception of plowing 3 or 4 driveways every storm, winter is the time of year I can work on my car in my shop without the pressure of other chores. Once mud season ends, there’s land to be readied for planting, wood trails to be maintained, grass to be mowed, downed trees to be cleared, stumps to dig, outbuildings to maintain, and so on. Although I gotta admit, I am looking forward to working on my car with the shop doors open. Before we get another hot, humid summer like last year, I’ll be spending a day or two installing A/C in my shop.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.