Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Who was making the FE to SBF valve cover adapters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardjeff, Oct 28, 2017.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Pulling the 460 from my F100 this winter and replacing it with a 351-W and would like to use FE valve covers to make the motor look a little bigger since it will look small compared to the 460,might need a second set to put on the 302 in my custom 500 since that motor looks so small in a large engine compartment.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I think it was someone on here that made them.

3. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try dirtbag13 I think like he made them for his rpu

4. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

I sent Dirtbag13 a message over a month ago and never got a response. Was interested in them, too. Either they don't make them anymore or don't answer messages.
    SPark

fauj likes this.

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Thanks for the info and sent a message and will see what happens,last post was in september.

6. bolthead

bolthead

7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Looks like a spacer, not adaptor.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Get to the correct page and they do make adapters for $175

http://medicemfg.com/product_view.php?pid=6

SPark

Guess Mr48chev and I were typing at the same time!

10. Keep in mind that unless you track down an early ('62-64) SBF timing cover with the oil fill tube, you can't use the early FE round top or pent-roof covers; no place to add oil and more importantly, vent the crankcase. This cover also locks you in to the early aluminum water pump which isn't so easy to find these days. This pump also has the passenger-side-only outlet, so matching to an existing radiator may not work.

You can use the later 'Power by Ford' covers with the oil fill/PCV holes or most aftermarket covers.

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I was going to use the 65/66 style valve covers but at 175 a pair for the adapters I might have to rethink this idea,most likely will get marine valve covers that have nothing stamped on them and put some kind of sticker on them like what I done on my sunliner.

Attached Files:

12. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette

This is an old thread and I don't know where it ended up but I bought a set of adapters from medice years ago at a swap meet in Ohio. I put a pcv valve in my valve cover (which I regret) but I built an vent filter adapter to the fuel pump block off for adding oil using a 90* piece of 3/4" conduit and a K&N filter on top. . I just thought I would share in case anyone else was thinking of doing this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have since picked up the timing chain cover from a 63 260 that has the oil fill tube and the PVC system from that 260 too and found that my 66 289 4 bbl intake just needs a hole drilled for that PCV system to work so when I get the extra money to buy those adapters I will have the parts to help make it look like they belong on the engine.

loudbang likes this.
  14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

These parts will make it much easier to use those early FE valve covers on a 302. 100_7933.JPG

15. bluebolt

bluebolt
    from Benton LA

I know I am late to the party but I really like the looks of this engine and the oil fill though the timing cover is a great idea.

deathrowdave likes this.