Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for green custom 1954 (I think) chevy- Monkey Business

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scott mckelvey, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Years ago (2015 or 2016), I ran across this car when it was for sale but I couldn't scrape the $ together. When I did, I couldn't reach the owner with the contact info I had. Ive had an itch I can't scratch ever since, and I was wondering if anyone knows it's whereabouts.

It was a 1954 sedan, decent chop, and lowered with wide whitewalls and steel wheels. Body was metallic green with a white roof. It had a 327 and a 4 speed, white tuck and roll interior. And in or around Norfolk VA.

I just found this video of it from 2016

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Darn- no one knows this car? The owner said the name monkey business was a reference to the Marilyn Monroe movie, so maybe it was a 51 or 52. It was definitely a 2 door sedan. And I remember the 327 and 4-speed explicitly because that sealed the deal for me.

4. Bump

5. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you tried on the Maryland Hambers. A lot of guy's from Va. check it out. Know your pain...been tracking two Md. Jr. stock/stocker cars for a year or so now and have had no luck. Included a picture of one. Cecil_09copy_zpsf20a7ac7.jpg

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. I'd still love to know where this car is, if anyone has info.
    I actually found a 6 yr old video of it (probably when it was originally for sale).

7. I just don't see how a car like this disappears into thin air.

8. Still looking for this car, if anyone knows