Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects tired of winter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Mar 1, 2019.

1. 2935ford

2935ford

Yes, when I was there a lot was indoor with unheated buildings and I still shivered through those.
    I was just totally not dressed properly.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. So far in Buffalo, NY we’ve had over 100” of snow this season

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55, Deuces and mrchewie like this.
  3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I am in agreement with everyone on this. This winter has been terrible. When we first started getting snow we have had freezing rain and ice. That's what caused my fall and broken pelvis in December. I couldn't really do much this winter because of that. As for the swap meet in Lincoln, I'm not going, I always go but the forecast high tomorrow is only to be 5 degrees. I'm not going to freeze seeing virtually no venders. I can't imagine many vendors showing up.

4. Roger Sundfors

Roger Sundfors
    from Sweden

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

From drought to record rain here. Neighbor had a slide this week blocking their road. Got out my old crawler in the middle of the storm to clear it. That's a Corvair turbo muffler, making it traditional. ;)

IMG959276.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  6. Deuces

Deuces

Great! Now I got that song stuck in my head.... :rolleyes::D

LBCD and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. We are having a mild winter... probably jinxed myself saying that... Some cold days down around 5, then it bounces up to 50 or 60 in the same week. We got 3" of snow early this morning. March is the month where anything can happen.

8. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

It's always cause for reflection, and wonder, (or should be) on just how tough SOBs our ancestors were. Before running water & indoor plumbing, central heat, air conditioning & refrigeration, and of course the internal combustion engine, to say nothing of medical & dental care. The list just goes on and on.

They used to cut ice out of the river here, store it up in big round barns so as to be able to have something cold into the summer. Wood heat, outhouses, laundry done by hand. Once winter breaks around here, a few weeks of nice weather, and then the heat, humidity, and insect season.

9. ...we've had over 3 feet of snow but also lots of freezing rain and ice build up,...most driveways are 3" + with solid ice, it'll take awhile to melt that.
    We are currently 30 degrees below normal, should be in the low 40's,...Monday's prediction is for 7 degrees for a high, that would be the coldest March day ever recorded in our area.....40 degrees will feel balmy.

10. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Snowing here today. Just a dusting of 3-5”. Monday they are saying 18” plus.

I haven’t gotten as much done as I would like because of big OT at work and working with three kids getting married this year.:confused:

The girls ( the ones NOT getting married) and I are waiting for the shop to warm up, everyone is gone to the wedding shower, easy day for this guy.

Cliff Ramsdell
    82FD32B8-0B10-46A5-AFA5-43EC6E6EF935.jpeg E61B09E1-3016-4607-919D-D10B0B874882.jpeg BBF458B8-F10E-486C-9138-DE3FED67D920.jpeg BB60B7D4-A6F3-4B00-AFD2-C5390F274E93.jpeg

11. birdman1

birdman1

have faith, spring is near!! I can't wait to get my '55 t-bird together , fire up its 351c, and smoke the tires!!

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. We haven had much snow and ice. but its been cold & wet. That cold and wet creeps into my joints . I Ive cut lots of firewood and will need to kill some more trees before its over. It seems like in the last 5 years in the spring we go from too cold and wet directly to too durn hot and too dry.

13. sunbeam

sunbeam

Moral Do not believe furry little creatures that live in Pennsylvania

coupe man and raven like this.
  14. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My corner of the world here has had an unbelievably warm winter right up through January when its usually cold as hell. Then the cold and colder than hell weather came and is still with us. Its now been about 30 below for the past month. From what I am reading, it seems to me the weather almost everywhere is "different" now. It seems to be "changing" the last few years. I guess I could make a political comment, but that would just get me banned, so I won't say it. It would piss too many people off, so I will just sit here and shut up. Besides, I don't have any sand to stick my head into, just snow.

51pontiac and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

uploads_2016_11_17_nyparisrace_14.jpg Happens every year. Bob

17. Would you like some cheese with your wine?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.
  18. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

3A65AFB9-BFCD-4D25-9E91-D7CC6C32968E.jpeg All in all not a bad winter here. Lately been getting a dusting of snow every other day. More a test of patience than anything at this point.

Would like to kick P. Phil’s butt if I ever get to see him.

19. Todd553

Todd553

I hear you guys. Dipped down into the sixties here last weekend.
    IMG_0771.jpg

Deuces, BLUSHU and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. tim troutman

tim troutman

just looked up the Chattanooga cruise at Coker tire . date shows March 30. marked it on the month showing. doesn't seem like to far away. but local weather calling for up to 3 inches of snow tonight low of 14 this week. I would sure like to go for a nice drive in my roadster

21. I'm in NC and all we've gotten is RAIN like everyday, please make it stop !!!

Deuces, zzford and robracer1 like this.
  22. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I hate winter but anymore it's not the same as it was when I was a kid. Winter was cold and pretty much stayed cold. You'd some what get used to it. This winter you got a day it's 60 and the next is 18, more rain this year than I've ever seen. Damp, dreary, 61 wednesday, 40 the next, going to snow and rain tomorrow and get colder than crap this coming week. No way you can get used to this crap.

23. willymakeit

willymakeit

Im in SLC Utah. Been to much snow for me. I don't ski and my cars are at home. Boring as hell.
    Hope to get my teardrop done then will hook it up and start going south when I retire.

24. LilBlue82

LilBlue82

First PA winter to hospitalize my 23 year old ass. Buuuttt this is also my first winter on night shift...... Yea im sick of winter need spring to come so i can hopefully get a shop by late spring

Sent from my LG-M327 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. manyolcars

manyolcars

I came over to Baton Rouge for the Mardi Gras parades this weekend. It's about 70. Azaelas and lots of other flowers are blooming. Spanish moss. 200 yr old Oak trees. Lots of flowers. It's beautiful here

26. Lionheart

Lionheart

Ran out of terlot paper, but lucky for me I had a few
    pages from Al's book to bring out here with me.

Frozen man in frozen outhouse.jpg

AVater, Deuces, j3harleys and 2 others like this.
  27. Speed~On

Speed~On

This is the Winter that just doesn't want to end. It's hard for me to complain as most of the nation has not been spared. I've lived in the upper Midwest my entire life so I'm acclimated to the cold. I will admit I am longing for some warmer weather (temps in the 40's would be great at this point)
    January we had a night that was negative 52. Of course when it gets that cold we see an increase in structure fires. From 3am to 7am I stood in my office...ok my pump panel pumping water at a house fire. Fortunately my attack lines did not freeze shut, but one of the drain handles was so brittle it snapped the second I grabbed it to drain a line. At that temp, somethings going to give. Pumping water in -52 degree temps for 4 hours was interesting. My feet were ice cubes but thats just part of the job.:D Still the best job in the world!

20190130_095739.jpg

I'm ready to hop on a plane and head to the Lonestar Roundup!! Its gotta be warmer in Texas, right!??

RICH B, Deuces, 54delray and 5 others like this.
  28. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

The month of February was the snowiest on record here in Minnesota, March has been ugly so far too. It can stop anytime...

Deuces likes this.
  29. Yep. Been tellin the wife that for the last week. I bet her that the Mississippi will flood this year.

30. It'll be -24 tonight. There's a weather advisory tomorrow for dangerous temps.