Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WTF nice job! Spray on, roll on, brush on? What product did you use?

2. WTF really

WTF really

Gordon thank you. It's a spray can. I'll get the name brand in the morning for you. I really like the way it turned out.

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Some interior panels going back in.

Attached Files:

GordonC and classiccarjack like this.
  4. WTF really

WTF really

I got it at advance auto parts. 20190228_094142.jpg

alanp561 likes this.
  5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks!!

WTF really likes this.
  6. WTF really

WTF really

You are very welcome. Hope it works good for you. Still looks good today.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Ordered some more parts for my T Bucket. The "to do" list is getting shorter. I plan to be driving this summer!

classiccarjack, Chucky, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  8. Machined a coat rack for a friends Hot Rod Shop.

36F184CC-17BD-482B-842B-98215E41FCE3.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  9. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

That’s nice!

Bones

Deuce-Deano and classiccarjack like this.
  10. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now THAT is using the old noodle!!:D

Chucky and osage orange like this.
  11. gearhead1600

gearhead1600

Hey Bert , distractions can be good ! And in your case EXCELLENT! Love the locomotive and caboose...
    And now I don’t feel so bad about getting distracted, [​IMG]
    It’s a 1/24 die cast 49 merc
    Took it apart and weathering it , but the wife reminded me I’m supposed to be working in the 39 ....., so it’s back in the box and headed to the garage this morning ,,,
    Keep on keeping on as my friend would say

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a couple of peep mirror that were made to clamp onto the edges of the door tops on my 47 Ford coupe. I never got them installed before I sold the coupe. They were new and had been sitting for about 5 years in the boxes on the shelf. I needed a set of mirrors for my 1931 A roadster so I took a shot that I could make these work. I took the bases apart which allowed me to remove the over the door clamp. I drilled my posts with 2 holes, inside bigger than the outside. Fed the screw through from the inside and screwed them together. Worked out pretty good I think! Only thing I might do is contour the base to the radius of the post so it sits a little flatter to the surface.

20190302_175602.jpg 20190302_175619.jpg

13. LilBlue82

LilBlue82

Whelp Thursday got up, doctor called had to be an hour away in 45 minutes instead of two hours. Been feeling shitty for 3 weeks. Hope in the Vic, hear some grinding and smell brakes ( caliper hanging up add that to the list too late to head home have a doc appointment). Get to the docs to hopefully get some meds to get this cold to gas off. Doc takes my heart rate and blood pressure. To my shock she said it was dangrously high, doc demands i get loaded up to the hospital. Woman freaks out they load me up. Find out viral infection and bronchitis and dehydrated asked the doc what my heart rate was 186 she replied, she asked how i got to the office i said i drove, Doctor wasnt happy. Moral and outcome doing the caliper next weekend, till then i go back to nightshift monday evening till then im on house arrest..... If i had a garage i would be getting in more trouble. Im only 23 and this winter is kicking my rump

Sent from my LG-M327 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

osage orange likes this.
  14. Rckt98

Rckt98

Have you got a photo of the modification you did to it? I want to do something similar on the door of my 39 Chev coupe as the clip over bit will be too tight for the door gap.
    Thanks
    Russell

15. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Russell the only thing that needs to be done is to remove the screw in the end of the mirror. Then you can just remove the part that clips over the door edge. When that is removed all you will need to do is drill 1 hole 3/16" in diameter in your door, put the screw through the hole from the inside and out into the base of the mirror on the other side and tighten up. The screw length didn't have to be shortened for me but I suspect depending on the thickness of the material of your door it may need to be shortened. The mirrors I used were from Ocean Pacific. They were 4 inch peep mirrors part number C5001. The mirrors look the same in the box but you can flip one around on its stalk so it fits correctly on the passenger side. They also have a small rubber gasket in the box. Let me know if you need pics but its pretty simple really.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Just woke up from a good sleep after getting home from the Detriot Autorama around 3 this morning.

GordonC likes this.
  17. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Machined a new hole pattern in a set of old mag wheels. DSCN7517.JPG DSCN7518.JPG DSCN7519.JPG

gearhead1600, swade41, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  18. Rckt98

Rckt98

Thanks for that. I was overthinking it. I thought by using 1 screw it might try and twist itself loose (as opposed to 2 screws holding it.) I already have the mirror, just looking for a better way of attaching it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Russell on mine I think if I contour the base to match the radius of the stanchion that will keep it from wanting to twist. I think if you needed to you could drill another hole next to the one to mount it and run a small screw through out into the base of the mirror which will prevent it from being able to be rotated.

20. Got tired of looking at green/gray/red oxide/rust!!

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Just trying to fan the dim embers and get the fire burning in my gut....or under my butt!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    chryslerfan55, swade41, Lil32 and 7 others like this.
  21. mopacltd

mopacltd

I put 3 locomotives on my DCC HO scale railroad layout at the same time an didn't have a mishap. Now it's time for a senior beverage to celebrate!

22. Went and hooked my wrecker to a OT ford mustang. pulled it around front. Ive advertised it on the facebook Marketplace. And a potential buyer claims he is on the way to buy it. (Ive heard that many times before?) However the guy showed up and bought the Rustang!

Attached Files:

23. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I just drove across the state of South Dakota in a fucking blizzard to attend a car show!

24. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Took on my first steering wheel repair. Cracked and broken to start. Now after reading and learning from this forum it is one solid, smooth piece. Still needs the priming, sanding and paint. It's more work than I thought!

25. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

26. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Does Haneline ? in Nebraska still sheets of this. ^^^^ They used to advertise in Street Rodder. Its been a few years thou.

27. Nice work! Engine-turned surfaces just look FAST.

28. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Making some progress.

Attached Files:

29. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I think so. I know Speedway does.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Thanks. It’s not hard, but it’s kinda tedious.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and osage orange like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.