Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Good Machine shop in El Paso

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D Picasso, Feb 28, 2019.

1. D Picasso

D Picasso

Folks- got a '56 272 Y-Block to rebuild and out here in the boonies of W TX there are no good shops. Client occasionally travels to El Paso for business so we are looking to work with a shop there.
    Wish to recommend an El Paso machine shop? I'm all ears.

Thanks.

2. Terrible80

Terrible80

El Paseo Machine Shop did a good job on my Slant Six about 5 years ago. Yandell @ Paisano Dr.

3. D Picasso

D Picasso

Thanks, Terrible. I'll put them on the list.

4. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get in touch with Joyflea on here. He's in Alpine and probably knows someone in the area.

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. D Picasso

D Picasso

6. r2c1

r2c1

Car Parts Machine is the best..,But he may not be doing much small engine stuff. Call Greg or Ryan at 915 532 3475.
    I've had several engines done there, when I lived there. Still have my shop there and go down pretty often, so if you would like I will talk to them. Ron

7. D Picasso

D Picasso

Cloudcroft, cool place, been through there a few times. When the weather is nutsy-hot everywhere else, it's nice there.
    Yes, R2, if you could chat with them on the subject I'd be in your debt. Thank you!

8. r2c1

r2c1

I'll call Greg today. It's a little cold here of course, but no neighbors, no traffic, no noise, no hot weather. I'll get back to you later.. Ron

9. D Picasso

D Picasso

10. sunbeam

sunbeam

Sorry to say they are a dieing breed now days car engines out last the cars with any care. Around here if it wasn't for Ag engines 80% of the ones left would be gone.

11. D Picasso

D Picasso

Time was any town with a thousand folks would have at least one good shop...that was then.
    Most all the shops here went dirt-nap or switched to oilpatch work.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  12. r2c1

r2c1

D I talked to Ryan and he said they would do the machine work only, no assembly. If you like, there is an even better shop in Alamogordo. I could pick up the engine and bring it to the shop. My # 602-319-0034 if you need more info.Ron

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  13. D Picasso

D Picasso

Thanks, that actually works fine as I will be doing the assembly. Unfortunately the swing to Alamagordo is not in the cards. Like that place, the old man was stationed at White Sands in '46-7 working on the V2 program.
    AlaAAFSign.jpg
    I will give Ryan a call on Monday. Thanks again for checking with your friend, Ron.

14. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

Car part machine fixed some machine work I had done in las cruces once on a race engine had to rebalance rebore and put in new pistons due to sloppy work .after car part was done with it it was right

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. HermanMunster

HermanMunster

Another vouche for car parts machine shop from me. Ryan does awesome work and really pays attention to the details. Did all the machine work on my Pontiac 400

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. r2c1

r2c1

D You are welcome. Ron.....