Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Rodders Journal moving to Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Feb 26, 2019.

1. You're absolutely welcome! Hope to meet you once the move is made!!

2. ...great news,..been to Cal. a number of times, nice place to visit but wouldn't wanna live there,...good luck on your move,...Rodder's journal is THE BEST!
    ...too bad I didn't see this sooner, the sale ended last Sunday

3. Glad to help, Al! Let me know when the ice cream run is!! it's a short 2 hour drive north for me!

Gotta get them down to ENC and we'll make sure to stuff his face with the best barbecue on earth!! Yep...prove me wrong!!!

Hamtown Al likes this.
  4. 24riverview

24riverview

Extended till thursday rusty1.

Scooterville and Hamtown Al like this.
  5. ^^^ doh,..thanks fer the reply...

6. It really doesn't matter where they move as long as they fulfill their responsibility to all the people who subscribed to a lifetime membership to Rodders Journal & continue publishing the magazine that is second to none. HRP

7. Yes sir, the inbox, the spam and the trash no notification, and yes I am a lifetime subscriber.

The email address hasn't changed. HRP

8. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Sorry to see you leave Steve, I understand the cost of just trying to own a house up in San Francisco area, I can't do it either. But with that said, I will not be leaving this state, for the time being. Nice weather, great drives, great racing, Mountains, Beaches, it all costs something. We are an hour from El Mirage, 8 hours from Bonneville, one hour fro Pomona, two hours from Old Mans, one hour from Wrightwood and Big Bear, two hours from San Diego, not a long days drive.
    As I said we all pay a price, even with the monsoonal rain we are having,, we are here.

9. So ... It'sa all @D-Russ's fault! :rolleyes: :D

catdad49, Hamtown Al, Dino 64 and 4 others like this.
  10. I heard the news around Christmas time :) Great news for sure!

Dino 64, Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Congrats on the move and maybe in the near future we may see another rodders journal revival?

12. Does the 50% off sale include the new t shirts? HRP

13. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I also have been a subscriber since day one and have all the issues. I hope this works out for Rodders Journal and they don't become the next Rod and Custom. It's a toss up which State is loosing more of it's population every year California or New York.

14. Hyfire

Hyfire

Since they consistently put out great stuff I'm sure it will be a positive move. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Dino 64 and Just Gary like this.
  15. Hope you have better luck than me, tried to order 4 Tee's, sold out.:( HRP

16. I hope that they sort out the problems the local, Australian supporter s have been having lately...........the local importers have been supplying us since issue # 1 and since the change of printing to the USA the newsstand copies appear well before the long time Oz importers get their copies and consequently us poor sods who have been supporting them.........I understand the Print in the USA sentiment but hopefully supplying those of us outside the US will improve..........thanks, Andy Douglas

17. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Latest email...sale goes to midnight this Sunday.

Scooterville and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

What's new everyone's moving out of California

Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. Hyfire

Hyfire

Smart people.

20. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is great news!

21. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Sale ends tonight... better hurry.
    Good time to get some books at this discount.
    I got both barnfind books.
    Steve was kind enough to return my call a few days ago and I extended my invite to Smithfield for ice cream.
    I know they are busy as bees on making the move and have time for little else.
    Besides, too cold to ponder much ice cream.
    I’ll work on trying to have a first ever Ice Cream Revival in Smithfield after they get settled and we figure out if it is feasible.
    I was honored that Steve found time to return my call.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Glenn S, catdad49, Dino 64 and 3 others like this.
  22. oj

oj

Great news! Welcome to the Commonwealth, its a special place for sure.

23. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

Anyone notice there were only 3 issues last year and so far none this year?

24. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got all mine. Pay 1st class postage?

25. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Shoot! You obviously were not here when it started... you never knew when an issue was going to arrive. That was part of the fun... it was like you knew you were going to get a great present for Christmas or otherwise but didn't know when it would arrive.:D But whenever it showed up you sat right down and enjoyed it!
    I never worried nor complained. I know the TRJ gang is giving it their all... and always have. One thing that to my knowledge has never been compromised it their total commitment to giving us a product that is full of great content with outstanding quality.:)
    I've been a subscriber from day 1 and am now a lifetime member. What they didn't know was that I was already a lifetime member in my mind.;):)
    oj, and all you others in reasonable driving range; I'll be looking for y'all at the Ice Cream Revival!;):D
    We've got a local historical site that provides a great setting and begs for some pictures.
    Who knows? Steve and company might bring a camera if they manage to get here. I don't care... I just want to share some ice cream in honor of their relocating to Virginia.:)
    Don't worry, Blue Moon and our mates overseas, TRJ will continue to take good care of us if at all possible. Their twenty-five year track record with me is outstanding,:) This might be a good time to get some back issues if they are available. If not, borrow from a buddy but be dang sure to take care of it... every issue is a treasure.

26. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_3817.JPG Forgot the dang picture of my car at Windsor Castle, the home of the fine folks that owned all the land around here and formed the town of Smithfield from their property back in 1752. Smith was their name.;):D:D
    Yeah, I said 1752.:)

catdad49 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. 5window

5window

Me, either. You'd think they'd let the Lifetime subscribers know? Checked all my inboxes,spam,trash-zip. I get lots of RJ ads, though. :(

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  28. catdad49

catdad49

Hey Al, holler if you need any help. I'm retired so have a pretty open schedule. C'mon, ice cream weather!

29. And you're still here?

Special Ed and sidevalve8ba like this.
  30. 52lomofo

52lomofo

Are they still at or how long will they be in san Francisco was planning on stopping in on the 22nd of April??