Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects tired of winter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Mar 1, 2019.

1. pkhammer

pkhammer

Lots of cold, rainy, dreary days this winter it seems. Not alot of snow but plenty of rain, mist and ice/sleet. Seems like when a nice sunny day comes around I'm at work. :( Nothing but a Kerosene space heater in the garage so it takes a while to warm up. Not getting much done. Too old and wimpy to work in the cold I guess.
    Planning to go up to the AACA museum in Hershey, Pa. and then to Mason-Dixon Gas in Frederick, Md. next weekend. Yep, extended forecast calling for rain/snow mix. :confused:

2. I couldn’t agree more HRP. Double points for the Led Zeppelin reference.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.
  3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Doesnt seem like Im gonna do much either way except get on here and talk about it, Too tired after working 6 and 7 days a week, Seems Im starting to appreciate the simple things in life more these days as that seems to be the only thing I can afford anyway:D

Truck64 and Cliff Ramsdell like this.
  4. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

we just finished having one of the coldest Febs since the 30's here as well! And March is gonna start off cold as well! :( Ya i'm sick of it! Have a freshly finished coupe to drive damnit!! oh well all things come to those who wait...

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So far I haven't had to shovel the whole driveway to get out or in. We had close to 2 ft total snow in February but got it a few inches at a time and it would melt enough to keep the level down. No shop yet so no work is getting done on any project. driveway last week..jpg snow covered 51.jpg

enloe, BigO, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  6. adam401

adam401

Waiting for another snow storm overnight and most of the day tomorrow. Oh yeah its also gonna snow Monday but they aren't sure if its gonna be a few inches or a few feet just gotta wait til they have that figured out. Ill be out in my unheated garage tomorrow adding another leaf to my front spring. I never guess that shit right the first time. I'm always a leaf short. That is before I have to go to work to clear snow.

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  7. dwollam

dwollam

Just a few days ago.

Dave

20190226_111718.jpg 20190226_111751.jpg 20190226_111823.jpg

enloe, BigO, Latigo and 7 others like this.
  8. Straight Axle Guy

Straight Axle Guy

I'm with Jim, shorts, t-shirts and flip flops! Packed in the snow a while ago! Time in SW Florida is for all year roddin!

9. mountainman2

mountainman2

I'm not that cold yet. :rolleyes:

10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

C13922CE-040F-4041-80AE-C231961A166A.jpeg
    I agree. Spent the last month here along the Siesta Keys.
    Just simply beautiful. T shirts and short weather. It was good for the mind to spend a month here in the middle of our horrible Ohio winters.
    Heading back tomorrow. ☹️
    We had 6” of sand here last night.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Lil32, enloe, BigO and 7 others like this.
  11. Ziggster

Ziggster

Record snowfall for January, and record cold temps for February. Been -23C the last three mornings...

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  12. I was born and raised in Eastern Iowa, moved to Southern Illinois when I was 12. Sadly, the last couple of winters down here have been waaaay too cold and wet. If I wanted to be this cold, I’d live in Iowa. Normally by now, it’s 50 outside and we are working in the shop again. Spring can’t get here fast enough!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.
  13. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Same here! This week, had a couple of absolutely beautiful spring days, but I felt miserable getting over a light case of the flu and had to work too. Weekends have sucked since November, rain or cold or rain and cold. And it hasn't really been that bad cold most of the winter, just cold and dreary enough you don't want to get out in it for anything. We've only had a couple of bitter cold weeks and they were a couple of months apart.

When I put the posts up for my carport back in the fall ,the ground was hard as concrete. Now it's saturated and spongy with water standing everywhere, we got 8" of rain just last WEEK. I had hoped to get the top on before the rains set in, but got delayed and now it may be summer before it gets done. Rain blows in my current carport shop area, so my car has sat since the fall also, just not enough warm dry days to get anything done.

And they're calling for t storms tomorrow, then cold again through the week. A lot of the trees have already bloomed out, I guess frost will kill them back this week. The deer and squirrels that like to eat the pears off the tree in my back yard are gonna have to get food stamps cause I doubt there will be any pears again this year!

14. lake_harley

lake_harley

My last name is Winter. Love the name but don't like the season. My wife brought in flowers (daffodils?) from the South side of our house a couple days ago when it had warmed up a bit. Now, in the next few days the forecast is calling for 1-3" of snow and overnight lows in the single digits again. My shop heat propane tank is down to just under 100 gallons remaining and I'm determined to not buy any until "Summer buy" special pricing is back. Burr-r-r!

My wife is tired of me telling her it's in the upper 70's or low 80's in Aruba. We were there in late November and should have stayed a few months.

Lynn

15. I have just given up for the day and come into the house-108F in the workshop today.
    Please send a couple of buckets of that white stuff, it looks like fun.

Deuces, Stogy and RDR like this.
  16. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I'll save this picture to my phone, put it on my home screen so it can help this old fart think spring, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

17. Yeah, no shit! I remember a few years ago when you and I were out in your yard kicking snow trying to find a 39 ford front axle buried under 4 inches of the white stuff.

18. Thought I had it made, pretty mild winter for around here, then Boom! 3 feet of snow in the last week of February. All I've done is shovel, plow, and dig. And if that's not enough I'm out of whiskey.

Latigo, blowby, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  19. Feel for youse guys getting snow shits....talked with my cousins in Cali and the higher ground cousins are getting unheard of snow as well......maybe we down in Big D will get some fluff stuff this weekend to even it out...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Half of it is usually indoors at it`s current location. But with negative 15 windchill, all of it will be indoors(1/2 the size as usual) with no outside vendors. Very tolerable.

21. RDR

RDR

And I heard the stations were running out of gas too...Trucks can't get over the pass....hell, no whiskey, no gas, I think we oughta strike !

RICH B, Latigo, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  22. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Don't have much room to whine after reading your post's , but damn I'm sick of the rain ...I have moss growing on the ground in my backyard and I live in San Diegoo_OI know we needed rain ..but I am so ready for Summer.

Deuces likes this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess I'm a little...ummm different...I think each season has its magic...there is here a pin drop ambience to the Cool winter, unending visual imagery with snow draping over everything...and overall it's more peaceful...

Hey look Stogy's Garage find...:D
    0_20190301_173818.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Lil32, BLUSHU, Hamtown Al and 4 others like this.
  24. primed34

primed34

Temps have not been that cold this winter, but man I'll so tired of rain. Got to go chase down floating duck blinds tomorrow. I'd much rather have some coupe time with 60 degree temps and sunshine. Hard to get fired up with all this rainy or cloudy weather.

25. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Temp a couple of weeks ago and my driveway now.

Attached Files:

• 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      116.9 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      137.8 KB
      Views:
  26. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

I am happy that we actually get snow and not so much rain, but definitely look forward to getting those longer days and warmer temps.We have just had one of the biggest Februaries with local resorts totaling 23-26 feet of snow in February alone.I think we are only in the 10-15 feet range at the house! 2ej%nK4dSkW4FT2yOthtPw.jpg

27. Roger Sundfors

Roger Sundfors
    from Sweden

Early one morning in Sweden...had to move my -48 Fleetwood so I could get to work in my -54 Lincoln... FB_IMG_1542405758228.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A605FN using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Not really too worried about what anyone thinks about SoCal.

raven and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. mnjeff

mnjeff

Snow....Did that groundhog say six weeks or six feet? Wonder how the little bastard would taste with some barbecue sauce.....Gotta admit it feels good to bitch, and to know that I am not the only one tired of winter. At least there is our local show today, may help ease the pain.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  30. wicarnut

wicarnut

IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0854.JPG Northern Wisconsin 3/1/19, about 40"on ground now, Paradise in Summer months. This is why I/We are "Snowbirds" now,( northern people that go south for winter) Loving it in Apache Junction AZ, should have done this sooner, my signature covers it, but better late than never. Been a Wisconsin resident all my life, but no more Winters for me/us, age took away winter fun.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019