Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical decent sandblaster parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnfin, Feb 26, 2019.

1. johnfin

johnfin
    from auburndale

i need a decent pickup and gun for my cabinet blaster and i dont want to buy from skat blast. eastwood stuff looks like harborfreight junk.

2. Oilguy

Oilguy

I got a gun and hose from TP a few years ago and love it. I believe it was around $65.

3. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

4. johnfin

johnfin
    from auburndale

tp is skat blast, they suck

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a Barrel Blaster unit. Made in Texas and the quality is good and the was price reasonable. You might try contacting them about just a gun.

6. gatz

gatz

might try
    trinco.com

They always came through for me.

7. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

My blast booth is from HF,the gun never really worked right a couple of years ago I replaced it with one from TP and couldn't be happier

8. thecj3man

thecj3man
    from TN

I have been looking at the skat blast cabinets. Can you explain what sucks about them before I buy one?

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  9. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like to see that explanation as well. I saved for a year and bought a TP last fall. I have owned a couple of cheap ones in the past and I'm very happy with the Skat/TP cabinet.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  10. Oilguy

Oilguy

I always get a kick out of people who tell me that a tool I have that works flawlessly is no good.

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. I have a Trinco DryBlast 36. Rock solid. They can be found used.

12. Wonder what problems he has had with scat/tip; I've had nothing but good luck with their cabinet guns and other parts.

13. I also have used TIP ? Skat Blast cabinets for over 30 years and I can tell you mine gets a good work out. I run all types of media thru mine and do recommend that you use the tungsten / carbide tip. I usually get 3-4 years out of my tip .
    Vic

14. My Skat Blast cabinet is one of the finest pieces of equipment we own. It gets used 16-20 hours a week. We have had it for 5 years and other than a few new tips, had no problems. I’m curious as to why “they suck”.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

iron dave likes this.
  15. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I also have owned a Scat Blast cabinet/vac for many years and am very satisfied with all their equipment. Newbee johnfin should explain "they suck".

16. johnfin

johnfin
    from auburndale

the product is ok, the way they run their company, overcharging, shipping charges, etc. and iam not a newbe so kiss off.

17. alchemy

alchemy

I've had a Skatblast cabinet for over a decade now and I think mine works great. Yes, TP does charge a lot for shipping, but so does every other vendor. I take a 6 pound box to UPS myself and it costs $20 to ship it across the country. It's probably not TP's fault.

RICH B likes this.