Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tilt wheel in 59 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50 COUPE, Feb 25, 2019.

1. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

Just wondering if anyone has put a tilt column in a 59 F100 and still used the stock a front suspension and steering box? If so, what column did you use and how much work was involved? Probably gonna go with a Sid's 3 inch dropped axle. Don't want a lot of too modern stuff, but like the idea of an adjustable column. Both the wife and I are short, with short arms.

2. Are you going with a shift - auto - on the column ? Look for some early to late 70's Ford motor homes....even into the 80's as well...

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to agree with Stillrunners, Ford truck from the 70's still had the key in the dash. The tilt was controlled by the turn signal switch so outside of the wheel sittng at an angle it doesn't stare you in the face like some tilts do.
    If you are going automatic on the column late 70's Ford Vans might be a viable donor
    This is in a 78 my Mom had that caught fire on me. (fuel not electrical)
    [​IMG]

Most likely you will have to pull the box out, cut the shaft off and adapt it so it connects to the tilt column.

4. 4b316

4b316
    from ny

Late 80,s chevy van, old s-10,mid 90,s keep has movable firewall bracket