Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A body on ‘32 chassis WITH FENDERS- Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RiffRaffRoadster, Dec 24, 2018.

1. The perfect solution. Wish I had a Son to share it with.
    20161007_075044.jpg Things to come 001.jpg

Vic Walter, loudbang, brEad and 4 others like this.
  2. town sedan

town sedan

Two cars, that's double the fun! Your dad's would be the Dr Jeckyll and can have the Mr hyde car.
    Enjoy!
    -Dave

Stogy, loudbang and RiffRaffRoadster like this.
  3. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

I have no idea who this guy is saying he's my son! Total imposter!
    Just kidding - that's my boy.

slv63, loudbang, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  4. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

Two cars is a great idea. I'll build mine, and when he finishes college and gets his first job, he can build his...

5. jimgoetz

jimgoetz

I agree with you about that and I bet if you have or get a muscle car and put in storage and your children get their hands on it years from now, you would feel honored if they restored it to look pretty much as you had it.

loudbang, brEad, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  6. jimgoetz

jimgoetz

Good for him. At least he is interested in cars. Again, I'm sorry but sarcasm is my second language.

slv63, loudbang, brEad and 2 others like this.
  7. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

Allow me to respond, son (I'm an old vet of the H.A.M.B. - I've been a member since December). My pal Stogy already answered alot of these, but in my opinion you can make a period correct Duece hot rod look more aggressive by:
    • adjusting the stance (dropping the front axle, big tires in back and small in front)
    • customizing exterior accessories (drop headlights, slant windshield, etc.)
    • engine/drive train mods (add height with tunnel ram, blower, side pipes, etc)
    • Paint/finishes (self-explanatory)
    Hambers - how did i do?

slv63, Jim Bouchard, jimgoetz and 4 others like this.
  8. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

Terry - is this your work? All the welding and boxed frame and all? man - that is good looking stuff.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

You did good!

jimgoetz, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  10. TheBougiePunk

TheBougiePunk

You’re good! Glad to see another bilingual hot Rodder here.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. TheBougiePunk

TheBougiePunk

I do, I have a 2016 camaro ss but I’ll be driving it until the engine gives out then my future kids can have it!

[​IMG]

slv63, RiffRaffRoadster and jimgoetz like this.
  12. jimgoetz

jimgoetz

Sounds like a good plan.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome Bougie...Here is One that may possibly make you reconsider...this fella does drive this very hard...and it does deliver...

FB_IMG_1528640608052.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...uce-5-window-updated-with-race-video.1094894/

Oh...One More...historical example...
    and a great thread and by the way...there are countless other Fendered Monsters...

enjoy and back to your Dads thread...;)

Montgomery1700.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/a-fuel-coupes-don-montgomery-32-3w.873097/.com

Credit to Photographers, Videographers, and Owners

Shadow Creek, slv63, catdad49 and 3 others like this.
  14. the fastest cars in the world have fenders.

loudbang, Stogy and RiffRaffRoadster like this.
  15. TheBougiePunk

TheBougiePunk

So what’s the verdict on detachable fenders. By detachable I mean attach them in a way that’s easier to take off than the normal fitment

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  16. TheBougiePunk

TheBougiePunk

The fastest cars in the world aren’t 32 fords

jimgoetz and Blues4U like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that would be absolutely fantastic...;)...however Dad would have to make a special set of tailights to mount perhaps at the lower aft wheelwell that are quick n' easy to attach and detach and of course period correct...

img019Pits_zps32eacabb.jpg

The Lou Bingham Coupe

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/lou-bingham-still-wrenching.1139646/

Credit to Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Good...that said the one thing you mentioned that is post 65 is that Tunnel Ram...there was a thread and historically they are a newer phenomenon mind you there was tons of homebrewed elevated manifolds that contributed to the evolution of...Where did I find that out...o_O...Here...:D

I think your having fun and experiencing an interesting journey...

19. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

I swear Stogy you can find relevant photos on any subject!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

LBCD, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  20. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

Good point. From what I’ve learned there are other hot rod methods for engine mods that add height/aggressive looks like multiple carbs, carbs with stacks (Strombergs), and scoop-style air cleaners. When were superchargers introduced? Had to be early ‘60s...

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  21. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

By the way, I love the hi-boy look, but I grew up with the image of my Dads full-fendered roadster burned into my mind, and this look seems to be much rarer these days, and we’ve all agreed to leave it original, so that’s why I’m stuck on leaving the fenders on...

slv63, jimgoetz, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  22. TheBougiePunk

TheBougiePunk

Stogy, that’s a great idea. I think it’d be a cool throwback given this cars history. We know it’s been full fendered, fenderless and everything in between. That and it’ll scratch both of our itches (wanting to keep it full fendered and respecting the cars history and having a bad ass highboy when we want it.)

23. Pssssst !! Hey kid. This one is no slouch. Bring your muscle car to Bakersfield.

He's a HAMB'r. Hey look, fenders !! :)

24. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Not the fastest Model A's.....

jimgoetz, loudbang and TheBougiePunk like this.
  25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are correct...TB33 wasn't implying that. I think you might be a natural for Bonneville in that 200 MPH club...that's fast...check out Hamber @Stan Back's Hotrod Racer and it's :eek: fenderless...

Land Speed is a Lifestyle much like Drag Racing but the speed is more long term...running instead of running sprints.

Like your Dad your new here and he has probably told you that the Hamb period of All ends at 1965 but 200 MPH was already nailed and 1/4 mile was in similar range so it's not a boring time if you like speed...It was an extremely exciting and epic time...Your Dad was just born I was 5 and you were...ummm...:D...So what I'm saying is both me, your Dad and you are on a road of discovery of what many Hambers here experienced...it was an incredible period...we all like different things and passion here is high and likes are varied which could be compared to spokes being us and the Hub being the Hamb Period which is Hotrod/Custom/Race from the beginning which is hard to exactly target to 1965...That is HUGE

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ack-the-roadster.1012117/page-5#post-12947722

Bougie heres another of that
    Gold 32...

26. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

No sir I work for a combustion engineering company I burn stuff for a living IMG_2428.JPG here is the roadster pick up we built last year and you tell that kid some of us old guys have late model hot rods to went to get a hell cat but I like to go around corners to so a ZL1 is my weapon of choice but driving a 32 ford is a lot more fun IMG_2379.JPG

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  27. TheBougiePunk

TheBougiePunk

Stogy, im not implying that cars weren’t fast and as for quarter mile racing and top speed runs, love both. I try to get my car on the drag strip whenever I can and as for top speed.... the camaro does 180 but I’ve only hit 75

We’re keeping the 283 in the roadster so I’m not sure how fast we can make it, it’d be a dream come true racing my dad at the drag strip (and putting some car lengths on him)

slv63, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@RiffRaffRoadster that gold coupe is running similar tailights...and it is built in a mid 60s inspired Hotrod theme...beautiful Hotrod...

From my stand point there is no reason you couldn't build your Roadster with a dual personality...You just have to plan to have attach/detach methods made to be done with ease...headlights and tailights could be wired to allow easy removal and perhaps a second set for Highboy look. You could do the change in the garage and run one look for several months...

Anyways this is just shootin the breeze no pressure...again I'm glad your moving forward and dreams are allowed.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad you both are enjoying this journey together...that really is kinda special...

I've never took my Hotrod down or to a strip...I'm not huge on speed and power but I do have a desire to run in a Run What You Brung someday...I really just enjoy driving the passive Smoother country roads and escaping the Ratrace and in the Ole Hotrod with the Rumbling 327, wind and rattles that is easily achieved...

I can't wait for you both to get out in this Family Hierloom and hear your thoughts on what will be heartwarming and exhilarating at the same time...