Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bob's Classic Auto Glass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Domn8r, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Domn8r

Domn8r
    from Helena, MO

I just placed an order with Bob, what a great guy to deal with! For those of you who haven't already this is the guy to deal with if you're needing glass and the stuff to install it. And he is a HAMB Alliance vender too. What more coulld you ask for?

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob turned me on to the front glass for the Studebaker. DAMN good guy.

-Abone.

3. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I need to call him for MY Studebaker - lots of stuff shuffled that to the back burner - I drive it with the crack for now, but soon...

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A couple of weeks ago, I bought all the window glass rubber for my '37 Chevy coupe through Bob. He saved me enough to more than pay for my HAMB Alliance membership for the year, PLUS he's really a nice guy to talk to. I'd spend my money with Bob again in a second !!

5. jay

jay

Bob got me a windsheild for my 56 Dodge and the rubber gaskets for both front and rear glass...I was stoked...now i just have to get it installed..the glass shops out here where i live are terrified of the stainless trim and wont touch the car.

6. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

I'm very disappointed with Bob's Classic Auto Glass.

I e-mailed Bob's website for information and a quote, waited a day or maybe two for a response, got none. No problem. Called the shop and spoke to someone whom I don't think was Bob. Got a quote for complete glass, said price was the same whether I was Alliance member or not. OK???!!! Said he needed to call me right back for availability & verified my phone number on his caller ID. I waited 2 days and heard nothing. Called again and identified myself, and as having called 2 days earlier for availability. Same guy had no memory or notes about my vehicle. OK.....!!

So, start over. This time I also asked to add seals & tracks except for windshield ('36 Chevy PU, all flat glass). The price went from $230 for glass only, to $955 for all above with shipping. It seemed like a lot of $$$, so I asked for an email quote of cost breakdown and gave my email addy. So it's now been around 6 days since that and no call or email, nothing. I get the impression whoever I had been talking to both times could care less whether I bought from Bob's or not, and asking for an email quote pretty much proved it.

I don't know what changes have taken place at Bob's in 10 years, but wanted to relay my experience with this shop. Guess I need to shop somewhere else.

7. Bob Burgh

Bob Burgh
    from Indiana

I am about to order and was thinking about ordering from Bob's. I have emailed twice and have gotten no response...Is Bob's still around? If not, is there anyone in the Midwest I can work with instead?

8. egads

egads

Had good luck with Auto City Classics in Minnesota. Shipping always hurt's the price of glass.

9. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have used Bobs a handful of times since this original thread, still stellar parts and service.

-Abone

10. earlymopar

earlymopar

I used Bob's and had a great experience. Good prices and service AND he drove the glass for my 37' 1/2 the distance between us!

- EM

11. I haven't used Bob's, but if you live East of the Mississippi I can tell you who NOT to use:

STAY AWAY FROM VINTAGE AUTO GLASS, LAWRENCEVILLE, GA...…:mad::mad:
    Only took him five months and multiple efforts, and it's still wrong!

Rant over, back to your regularly scheduled programing.

12. roadster1923

roadster1923
    from Girard PA

Spoke to Bob personally and he answered all my questions about translucency of the glass. My order arrived in less than a week, very well packaged. The edges of the glass were all beveled and the glass looks great. Best price I received was from Bob. I will do business with him again!

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've looked at the site for years but don't have stock glass. Just for grins I searched out the address and their shop is out in the middle of a field out in the middle of the woods. You don't just drop by there because you are looking for a break while running down the interstate.

14. I do business with Bob a lot at my work. Great guy, very fair, does nice work also if your having glass cut. Most of the time his kid answers the phone, he isn't Bob and he's still learning. :)

15. Bob Burgh

Bob Burgh
    from Indiana

I wish I would have paid more attention to this post!!!!

16. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Do you guys check with your local glass shops? My town has a three of these shops and the one I stopped and talked to has patterns for cars back in the teens.