Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

UPDATE: The friend who's building my engine gave me a call and I'm at the top of his "to do" list! I also made the final payment on the transmission he scored for me! I ordered the motor mounts from CCR today, as well. So, if things go as planned, some friends and I will be dropping the engine and trans onto my chassis next weekend! But I'm not rushing things, so the time table may change, but not by much.

Stay tuned!

Oh.......

2. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Glad that things are going well for you now! Keep on keeping on and this will be on the road soon enough. :cool::D

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I'm building a dream on a beggars budget and making it work. Encouragement is gold.

INVISIBLEKID, Blue One, brEad and 3 others like this.
  4. RodStRace

RodStRace

Hope your guy knows the only color is Black!
    I shudder when I see an engine with nice paint lifting here and there showing a stock color underneath.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

LMFAO! The entire "project" is black. Still here........

RodStRace, pcbart and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Also glad to see you posting with good news and that you making good progress, looking forward to the pics soon.:cool::cool::D JW

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Anticipating the arrival of my engine and transmission over the holidays, I ordered a few parts. The transmission mount and a drive shaft loop from Speedway Motors and the engine mounts for the block from CCR. The Speedway parts arrived Thursday and the CCR parts will be here next week. I didn't have a drive shaft loop on my previous T Bucket and I had the u-joint fail a few blocks away from home on my last T. Luckily, it failed at the rear end.:eek: So, remembering that and keeping this build a better version of my first build, I thought a loop was a good idea.

My friends are on standby to help me install the engine and transmission upon arrival. I hopefully won't keep them waiting long.

brEad, pcbart, upspirate and 3 others like this.
  8. Fred, I know you have been without a hot rod for a while, I'm happy to hear things are starting to finally come together.

Looking forward to seeing some new photos. HRP

9. Great to hear you are back on track.

Blue One and tfeverfred like this.
  10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Picked up the fasteners I'll need for the install. Feels good to be moving forward.... even if it's just little steps.

11. I havn't posted in a while but I always pop in and check everyones progress and well being, so that said here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and happy holidays. Get out and drive 'em :cool::cool:

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

And the same to you and yours!

26 T Ford RPU and k1w1rodder like this.
  13. All the best to all you T nuts, be safe out there and see you in 2019. :cool::D JW
    Edit; Repost for, Graham. :cool:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    gonzo, brEad, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  14. Thanks mate just wish it would stop raining long enough to get out and drive it:(

kiwijeff and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  15. not sure how Hamb friendly tops on T buckets are but I've just started building mine
    IMG_1257.JPG
    and a friend has been having a play with my petrol tank
    IMG_1270.JPG
    And I've built a small luggage trailer for a major trip early next year
    IMG_1259.JPG

kiwijeff, loudbang, gonzo and 5 others like this.
  16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks good!

RICH B likes this.
  17. Great job on both, Graham and where is this Major Trip heading? JW

loudbang likes this.
  18. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

19. I have a top for mine...it’s just never on it.

Here’s one of the rare occasions that it was on.

Attached Files:

20. NZ chapter of NTBA is proposing to hold a T bucket Nationals in Christchurch Feb 6-8 2020. I am so going :):)

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

22. That sounds like a great trip, be sure to call in on your way past. :cool::cool: JW

loudbang, kiwijeff and k1w1rodder like this.
  23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, I'm back in the saddle again. My steering box came today, so I did a test fit. Perfect!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks good, hope it doesn’t leak like mine did right out of the box brand new Flaming River reversed corvair box.
    I had to take it apart and clean everything up and then I reassembled, filled it with 00 grease and readjusted it to flaming rivers specs of 18 inch pounds of resistance on the input shaft.

25. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I challenge anyone to de-uglify this, short of removing an axle group. I'm told it's very well engineered but WTF! Just because you can do these things doesn't make it right.
    IMG_0201.jpg~original.jpg

chryslerfan55, GuyW and tfeverfred like this.
  26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's from a company called "Bous Performance Inc.". Looks to be a nice unit. I've heard bad things about "Flaming River". They were never a thought.

https://www.bousperformance.com/

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.
  27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks good.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  28. GuyW

GuyW

Eh, depends on the width of your frame rails, and your perception of perfect.... your steering column location inside the car may or may not line up with that box. Mine doesn't and the box is being moved inward to get a more conventional steering column location and alignment...

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.