Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What are my options for garnish moldings on a 1933 chevy 5 window

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Cboy238, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Cboy238

Cboy238

Like title says. Anyone know any sources on garnish molding for a 33 chevy 5 window coupe. Anyone make these or anything. I need all of them. Ive searched the webs for hours. Cant find anything

Thanks in advance

2. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I think 1934 might be the same or close. I don't know of anyone making metal ones. Maybe some of these companies that are making fiberglass bodies might make them. Put an add in the want section here and see what happens.

3. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

A long time ago I cut and spliced up a set for a 3 window Buick from a 4 door Chevie. Both were 1934's. The front 1/2 fit perfectly with screw holes even aligning . The lower back corner also fit with a piece spliced in. The upper right corner was strictly 3 window. Don't know about 5 window. Try Hemmings for someone advertising parting out33-35
    Chevy,Buick Pontiac or Olds. They will probably have to be cut and spliced.

4. Flop

Flop

5. alchemy

alchemy

I've done the cut and splice a few times. Find those cheaper sets that have the same profile, and cut them to pieces. It's just a big puzzle that you can weld together.

I've got a huge pile of 39-40 Ford moldings that are very useful for making moldings for lots of 30's Fords. They might even be handy for another brand of car if the width is similar. Lots of times an uncommon brand of molding looks just like a high dollar Ford part.

6. oldolds

oldolds

Maybe find a 4 door set, cut and fit as needed.

7. 34 will fit as well . Is the car a master or standard as the trims are smaller for a standard car .the trims for the 1/4 windows are all but impossible to find and you will pay dearly for a set .I do have some other trims but you may have to cut to fit .

8. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Has to be a master, as I don't think they ever made a std. 5W.

9. I dont remember either ?? All the years I have been buying and selling 33 34 chev stuff very rarely have I come across standard stuff !!!

10. chev34ute

chev34ute

Garnishes are one of many things you can’t get for 33 34 Chevs. I gave up on building my 34 Coupe Ute because I could not source the timber, or garnishes I needed to rebuild the body. You either have to modify Sedan ones to suit or chase down the much rarer Coupe ones. If you do source some, find someone in your area who does fibreglassing. There is obviously a market for them even it’s a small one.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019