Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Frank Kurtis-Kurtis Kraft picture thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by guffey, Sep 24, 2012.

1. We had Dad's Kurtis Kraft Replica shipped to me last spring and I have been going through it all summer. Here are some updated pictures.

kittyhawk 1.jpg southland car club show.jpg built plate installed.jpg View attachment 4112305

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. sdluck

sdluck

I saw this car @ pismo cars show some years ago,it was very nice

3. oj

oj

I have a sweet V8-60 for sale if you need one.

4. sdluck

sdluck

Daimler motor?

5. Ghosteh

Ghosteh
    from Illinois

6. XKTbird

XKTbird

I just bought this, the find of a lifetime .... Does anyone recognize the man in the black and white photo?

Attached Files:

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I think that's the man, himself, Mr. Kurtis.

8. hipojoe

hipojoe

My Father inlaw Chas Bud Howsman was very good friends with Frank Curtis back in the day. My family owned Glendale saw works which was across the street from Franks shop on Colorado Blvd in Glendale. Oh the stories my Father in Law would tell me about those good old days... from a more simple time! On ANY given day you might have Indy guys show up, drag racers, road racers, land speed record holders, kids wanting their quarter midget stuff. If it went FAST or you wanted to go FAST you could find someone or something to go FAST in ... Glendale Ca.

tractorguy likes this.
  9. cabong

cabong

Just a tidbit of trivia...... Ak Miller approached his good friend Frank Kurtis when he was starting construction of the "El Caballo II" racer. He needed a chassis, and Frank was the man.... Turns out Frank had sold the business.... But, he still had a key to the building. So, in the middle of the night, Frank and Ak procured a 500X chassis. The rest is history. Now, there are those who say yup, another of Ak's tall tales, but in all the years of listening to Ak's stories, I have never heard of one being disputed... Those were the times, and those were the men who gave us the great times we have today !!!!

stillrunners and lurker mick like this.
  10. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

I think the man in the photo is Crocky Wright.

Speedwrench likes this.