Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are these worth anything to keep around

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Holmes Cycles, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Holmes Cycles

Holmes Cycles

I stripped the inside of my original low mileage '31 Chevy (Rumble Seat Car) due to the upholstery being pretty nasty. I took the time to strip all the seats off the original brackets/springs and was wondering if these things are worth keeping or selling. They seem to be in very good shape with only a couple metal strips being broke. I will most likely go back with a custom made seat and rumble seat so was seeing if these are worth anything to keep around, they have less then 15k miles in them and the rumble seat brackets/springs look brand new

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Extremely hard to find, an worth loot..

Holmes Cycles likes this.
  3. Holmes Cycles

Holmes Cycles

What do you consider a loot? Just ballpark, I also have the main seat wooden frame with the seat adjuster knob/bracket on bottom

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that is something someone is hunting as most of them you see are pretty well destroyed. Post some high quality photos and good and exact description on Ebay and see if a bidding war starts?
    Watch your pm's to see if someone wants more info?

Casey Riley and Holmes Cycles like this.

5. Squablow

Squablow

If you put those on eBay and waited for a buyer that needs them, and were willing to ship them, I'm sure you could get $200 or $250 for them, plus shipping. If you have to sell them local and aren't willing to ship, lucky to get $50. Willingness to ship (and to wait for a buyer) is the key.

VANDENPLAS and Holmes Cycles like this.
  6. Holmes Cycles

Holmes Cycles

Had a guy just now message me an offer of $300, so far $250-400 seems the norm based on here and Facebook/Instagram

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. indyjps

indyjps

$300 on something you were considering not keeping around, sounds like a good deal for all involved.

Hnstray and Holmes Cycles like this.
  8. Holmes Cycles

Holmes Cycles

yes I was considering not keeping them but definitely wasn't going to throw them away. I have found that everything will sell to the right person and as much swap meets that I sell that I would have thrown a price on them and hoped for the best. But I was surprised that they go for that much I was thinking around $100 or so

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

indyjps likes this.
  9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Seems you got your question answered quick enough! :D

flatford39 and Holmes Cycles like this.
  10. Strike while the iron is hot. You snooze, you lose.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I never throw anything away from an old car. someone is out there looking for it.

VANDENPLAS and Holmes Cycles like this.
  12. RMONTY

RMONTY

If you thought $100 and were offered $300, I'll give you $100 for them if you will give me the guy's name that is willing to pay $300. I can be there in less than 4 hours!

flatford39 likes this.
  13. So did you sell them to the guy on here that offered $300?

Desmodromic and flatford39 like this.