Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Another Classic Stolen in Mn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blazedogs, Feb 19, 2019.

1. blazedogs

blazedogs

So this doesn't get buried can we keep this at the top. Not sure how to do that ? This car was taken just 6 miles from my house. Paper reads The Dakota co Sheriff is seeking the publics help .Suspects stole a enclosed trailer with a classic 1951 Chev Classic custom 2 dr post,completely restored inside. It was in a trailer a white 24ft haulmark with dual axles. Details in -- Dakota County Tribune -Farmington /Rosemount -dated Feb 15 ,2019.
    How does that poor guy ever get over losing his pride and joy ?
    This has been talked about before,
    keeping your classic in a enclosed trailer just makes it that much easier... Gene in Mn

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. rusty valley

rusty valley

thats a shame. while i understand many of us car guys are short on storage space, so the trailer looks like a good place, it seems this happens quite a bit, so perhaps not such a good place to store a car. lots of times it seem the thugs dont want the car, just the trailer, so they may dump it some where to be found. lets hope for that

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. pics would help us all stay on the lookout...

4. BJR

BJR

Can't help, but here's a bump for you.

5. Rick S

Rick S

Sorry, best I could do.

Resized_20190219_163624.jpg

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  6. Car thief = horse thief = a hanging offense. Hang enough by the neck until dead and eventually you'll get them all. Keeping it near the top.

bryanyeskie and hrm2k like this.
  7. Squablow

Squablow

That's a shame, I hope they are able to recover the car. I agree with Rusty Valley, the thieves are targeting the trailer, not the car, and keeping a car in an enclosed trailer is probably where the risk is coming from. Thieves were most likely disappointed that the trailer didn't contain something more easily fenced.

I would say the best way to deter this from happening in the future is to make it as hard as possible to get at the trailer.

8. rusty valley

rusty valley

in this day and age, they make a temporary meth lab in the trailer, leave it when the job is done

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  9. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Hope he gets it back.
    On the occasions I store one of mine in my trailer I remove all the tires andwheels.

RusTnut and VANDENPLAS like this.
  10. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

they make very very good hitch locks for guys wanting to keep their baby in the trailer. as for my cars i always have a bunch of fuel/electrical cutoffs, its a real pita to steal my car haha

11. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That'd help if someone was busting open your trailer in an attempt to hot wire/steal your car, but in this case, (like many) the trailer is probably the target and whatever happens to be in it gets stolen too-the car with/without wheels.
    Hope they dump off the Chevy and it gets recovered.

12. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I wouldn't ever agree with taking a life for stealing a "thing"....but I totally agree with the sentiment.

Lousy bastard thieves! People have typically poured themselves and a helluva lot of effort and money into their dream cars only to have them gone in moments.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd agree that the car was not the taget and such an easy to spot car was not a bonus with the trailer theft. The thieves would much rather have the trailer be full of tools or material that they could sell easily than a car that most likely they will ditch somewhere.
    There are too many reasons to steal just the trailer including meth lab or even making living quarters out of it or being too cheap to buy or rent a trailer to move out of the area. hopefully the car is found sitting undamaged not far away.

14. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Haha, no I take the tires and wheels off the trailer.

15. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Happens way too often , Hope he recovers both unharmed

16. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

17. slowmotion

slowmotion

These threads are becoming way too common. Damn shame. I've said this before. If I were storing a car in an enclosed trailer, long term, I'd take the wheels off one side and store 'em in the garage (or elsewhere). Sure, a big PITA, but that is exactly the point. Thieves want 'grab & go', they don't want to deal w/PITA.
    Hope the property is found and the perps nutted.

18. 34fordjay

34fordjay
    from Mass USA

I hope that you get both your car and trailer back and that the crook or crooks get caught . There is just too much of this going on. Some people have no respect for other people's property.
    Jay (retired law enforcement)

19. This trailer steeling really is out of control. What is the answer? Good Luck, and I hope you get your possessions back and the thieves die a horrible death.

20. Our own racinman Rick's 1999 Featherlite 2 car enclosed trailer was stolen along with Ricks recent purchase a '57 Chevy wagon inside from his business back in November 2014 and neither one was ever recovered.

1452289_10202698156407962_2536152497538404108_n.jpg

10678853_10202698513576891_7038001031921543205_n.jpg

Just two weeks ago they hit Rick again, they cut the cable at the entrance and stole his 2 car Kaufman open trailer, no cars were lost this time. HRP

[​IMG]

21. blazedogs

blazedogs

Thank you for posting the article for me. I'm not good with the computer.. My last build took me a long time and was almost build from scratch, many hours of my time in the shop ,and the expense in parts etc. It may sound strange but the ( car is part of me ).. To have it stolen and never see it again would be something that ( I would never get over. )
    I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way ,your classic is your baby.. Gene in Mn

RusTnut likes this.
  22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Got it. I notice CalTrans has even been pulling the wheels from the towable electric construction billboards!

23. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24. racerlall

racerlall
    from WA

west cost bump

25. Pull the wheels that is what I do.

26. sdluck

sdluck

27. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

Two trailers(one open and one enclosed) were taken from a rod shop in Bolingbrook,IL two weeks ago with nothing recovered as of yet .Luckly they were both empty.Both were taken at the same time at night.