Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pedal assembly 63 comet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deano63comet, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Deano63comet

Deano63comet

Hey guys. I’m new to the forum and glad to have found y’all. Building out a beefed up 63 comet s-22 and am looking for some advice of the auto to manual conversion. I’ve got a TKO 500 ready to go in but not sure about the pedal assembly and hydraulic clutch setup.( what to get/where) What are some good options? Also need to convert the old single bowl master to a newer safer dual bowl/booster for the new Mustang ll TCI front end w discs. Thanks for your help!

2. 62rebel

62rebel

You might be able to use Mustang pedals to get a clutch pedal and go from there; I'd buy a master for a 78 Mustang V8, you'll need an adjustable pushrod for it more than likely BUT it will be a fairly common off the shelf item should you need to replace it on the road.

Deano63comet likes this.
  3. 62rebel

62rebel

wanted to touch back and recommend signing up on TFFN as well, lots of hopped up Falcons and Comets there. I'm almost certain someone there has done a hydraulic clutch install and a parts needed list.

Deano63comet likes this.
  4. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When my son converted from an automatic to a T5 in his 63 Falcon, I found a used complete brake and clutch assembly on ebay for around $75. We also changed the single fruit jar brake master cylinder over to a dual chamber from a 1968 Mustang. You can get the MC in either drum/drum or disc/drum.

Deano63comet likes this.

5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Mustang Pedals will work , Zbar is different . Mustang can be made to work if you want to go that way .

Deano63comet likes this.
  6. 63galaxie406

63galaxie406

Falcon and Comet same.

7. Deano63comet

Deano63comet

Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it

8. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Done two of them. We used 60-65 falcon/comet brake and clutch pedal setup. A v8 falcon z bar and a v8 clutch fork inside the "T5" bellhousing for push type action. You can find the T5 clutch fork modification all over the internet. Simple setup.

9. Deano63comet

Deano63comet

Thank you for the info!