Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2019 Run What Ya Brung April 27 and again in the Fall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 3, 2019.

1. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Perks of being a GREAT body shop manager for a small company!!!!!

chryslerfan55 and dirty old man like this.
  2. Damn that's one bitchin' '55.

K:cool::cool:L

PERFECTIMUNDO

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Well thank you very much!!!! Can’t wait till April to see your lovely wife!!!!!!

chryslerfan55 and GAOldsman like this.
  4. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Oh and you to Scott!

GAOldsman likes this.
  5. Yep it’s going to be fun for sure

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

We have located several sources for T shirts for the event, but as yet no one has come forward willing to handle taking the orders, collecting the money, and ordering the T shirts.
    At the age of 81 I have about all I can handle in trying to coordinate the event with the track, parade, SNDRA, and getting my 2 cars ready, along with surviving while living alone!:eek::confused:o_O
    So if anyone wants to step up to the plate on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, it's been a week since I asked for a volunteer to handle T shirt sales and no one has offered to do this job. Time is still passing by with RWYB getting closer. So I'll try to be a little more direct with this.
    Just to be absolutely clear, if no one volunteers to handle T shirts, there won't be any T shirts:eek::mad::oops:o_O

48fordnut, Tudor and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I have posted previously about the parade, and it is still on. There is a formality however of each participating car driver/owner must apply for a permit to be in parade and observe the rules thereon.
    The chairperson of the parade has sent me a pdf of the application, so if you are going to be in the parade as the owner/driver of a vehicle, then PM me with your email address and I'll send you a PDF of the form by email, and then when you have printed yourself a copy, fill out an online copy and either email it to me and I'll forward to committee chairperson or furnish you with her email address or you to send it direct. This form must be completed and back to her by April 20, 2019.
    If you're even considering but not yet decided on the parade, please go ahead ASAP and apply. Way better to apply and then not make it than to not apply, then decide too late to apply that you want to put your ride in the parade.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  9. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

You have mail!

10. Don't get caught parading without a permit boys

Dog_Patch likes this.
  11. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

That will be DOM and me in that scene!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  12. DOM rolling on 2 wheels!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Woody, your roadster is quiet and respectable, while mine has loud pipes and since I will be racing it later in the day, will already have the slicks on it, and Tudor has that blown '55 registered, tagged and insured. So if he decides to participate in the parade, and I hope he will, then he and I will most likely be thevicims of po-po attention if there is any. But I have been assured open exhaust is OK, just as long as it is tagged and insured.:):cool:

14. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't wait! I'll be running this time unless I blow it up at Silver Dollar test n' tune this Friday night.
    20181123_162607.jpg

GAOldsman, Tudor and Dog_Patch like this.
  15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Brian I just posted on your build thread after seeing the link here.
    Looking forward to seeing you @ RWYB, and maybe we can line up a roadster with SBC power and a coupe with Ford power before the afternoon is over!
    However, since I have no roll bar, I only run the eigth!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  16. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We'll do it!

17. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I wish I could make it this year. I hate I'm missing it and gonna miss seeing everyone

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. 654F511E-4D5F-4DE9-A0A8-B285DD5DD419.jpeg Always a good time I need to purchase a new printer and print out some flyers.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  19. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

time is running out. Be there or be left out!

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Good day today, beautiful roadster driving day and BGII is purring like a kitten till you step- on her tail and then she roars like a lion!:cool:
    Red is coming with me and driving the '40 down also. I have now got my hotel room for both Friday the 26th along with Sat. the 27th so that we will be there early Sat. to get lined up for the parade @ 9:00am.
    If some of yall come down Fri. and camp at the track let me know so that I can leave truck, trailer & BGII with yall Fri. night.
    Anybody that wants to be in the parade needs to get an application in before 4/20/19. If you're not sure whether you are or aren't getting in the parade,then go ahead and apply

Dog_Patch likes this.
  21. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

I mailed my application several days ago. Barry and I will leave Saturday morning and be there by 9:30. Look forward to the fund and other stuff!

22. git on it DOM!

23. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

From the sound of your other posts it ran very well. Glad you son had fun!

brianf31 likes this.
  24. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

DOM Barry and I will be there early on Saturday am for parade

25. Probably not going to make it to the parade but we can try.

26. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Parade sounds like fun! Looking forward to seeing everybody

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

As said before, if you think there's any possibility that you'll be able to be in the parade, then go ahead and submit the applicatino before the deadline, as it will be better to get permit and then not show than to all o a sudden find you can make it and it's too late to apply:confused::eek::(

28. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I spun halfway down the track on BFG Silvertowns. I think I actually covered 3/8 of a mile.

What slick do y'all recommend? Something in 28X10.5-15 would be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. Hoosier makes a good slick and I believe they’re sponsoring the SEGA. Also I recommend running tubes whether they’re recommended or not.

Met a guy in my neighborhood today that plans on attending RWYB with his ‘29 sedan :cool: Hopefully he can help get the word out too.

brianf31 likes this.

30. They let you in a neighborhood?

GAOldsman likes this.