Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech: 5" Gauges in an AD Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danimal, Jun 2, 2008.

1. blackout

blackout

Came out nice.

2. just saw this and decided to measure my 48's. according to the dimensions on classic's site you wouldn't even have to cut the inside ring. just in case anyone had an earlier AD pickup.

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

FYI. Now that they've been in a year and the truck has been hauled here and there and runs a bit now, I'd say put some lock tite on the threads of the mounting studs. They have big knurled nuts that put the pressure on the back to hold them in but coming back from Billetproof Detroit, found one on the floor!

4. Thanks Danimal and Houston...You guys just saved me a bunch!

I just ordered these http://www.newvintageusa.com/woodward.html(Thanks Mark!)

and plan on using your method/s.

Got my old gauges torn down,just waiting on the mailman bringin' my goodies! :D

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

11 fucking years...what in the hell. Gauges are still in. Not driven anywhere near as much as it should be. Billetproof twice. Sins of Steel once. Detroit's Historic Fort Wayne once. A few local shows. Fun truck. Time to finish it.

Frankie47 likes this.