Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Trunk mounted battery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes but the - identified as a + :D. I saw that the moment I installed the connector. I couldn't believe I didn't notice before hand. But having wired the connector to the terminals and the terminals to the battery and everything cut to length I took the only reasonable option available...I used the dremel to change the - to a + and ground the + completely off, and did the same to the other connector. :cool: But seriously @lothiandon1940 thanks for noticing! :rolleyes:

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

Great Thread! specially after reading the HAMBer engineers thread and realizing that some of you guys know what you are talking about. :)

3. hkestes

hkestes

If you want to make sure the enclosure vents then put a 45 degree angle cut on the end of your vent tube going to the outside with the long end of the cut facing the front of the car. That is the way the old road draft tubes were to vent the crankcase before PVC systems. The long side facing forward offers a venturi effect setting up a low pressure point which causes the gasses to be sucked out of the enclosure.

4. sunbeam

sunbeam

It's pretty hard to beat the ones they sell for boats.

5. 42˚18'N 83˚09'W

42˚18'N 83˚09'W

Love the Samsonite idea. The best thing about using those disconnects is you have to put one on your jumper cables too. One look and no one asks to borrow your jumpers. I use them on all my vehicles...

6. rtp

rtp

You could put a stand pipe/tube inside the tool box, then thru the floor under it to the out side and vent it.

Sent from my NX16A8116KP using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Damn, I just got rid of a old small Coleman Ice Chest

8. WHD

WHD

Where does the venting happen on the sealed cast box specifically made for the Redtop 34/78 (and D34/78)?

Attached Files:

9. squirrel

squirrel

probably through the hose that you attach to the fitting that you screw into the hole you drill in the blank spot on the side of the housing?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw this the other day in the classifieds, I wish I had thought of that! Oh wait...I did! :cool: Nice compliment regardless. Don't forget the vent tube!

upload_2019-10-8_11-29-17.png

WHD likes this.
  11. WHD

WHD