Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Divco wheels

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by markjaramillo, Dec 9, 2017.

1. alchemy

alchemy

Where do you get 18" trim rings?

2. I have seen a lot of 32 fords with stock 18" wheels and trim rings on the them, Curbspeed has them on his posting above. I PM'd him, maybe he can shed some light where to find them.

3. alchemy

alchemy

Yes, I know they were made back in 32, but they are hard to find now. I thought maybe you had a source for new ones.

4. Enemy1

Enemy1

5. I used 32 Chev trim rings. The are very similar to Ford but just a lil' narrower. I got them from Patrick Chev. parts I think. I'm ok with them. They are just like the ones listed above in the previous post. No cutouts for valve stems but mine did not interfere because of the hoop I used.

6. Yes, The larger 40 style caps fit these rims.

7. Enemy1

Enemy1

UPDATE: They just moved the lug nuts out to 1/30/2019. The wheels "may" have shown up today but it takes 24 hours to update their system, so they say. I would be surprised if they are actually there. Like last time I ordered a back-ordered item from them, when it didn't make the due date it got pushed out 4 weeks. Just like the lug nuts have been.

8. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I looked at the auction site listing for the trim rings.

Somehow, when a seller adds "L@@@@@@@@@@@@@@K" to his listing the bile rises in my throat.

Jet96 likes this.
  9. Enemy1

Enemy1

Date was pushed out to the middle February. Looks like another permanently back-ordered Summit item to me. When I called the Number listed by Iwannaflattie I got E-stopp was sold to somebody else and the new supplier isn't going to be making those wheels. I wonder if this is what Summit was told? My guess is they will leave it on back-order (keep pushing date out) until they get enough people ordering to justify new supplier possibly making another run of them? Who knows. It may be time to just choose a different wheel.

Asphalt Demon likes this.
  10. sr

sr
    from Monterey

11. lilmann

lilmann

I placed an order through Summit.....I’m not dying to get them and can wait xxx time if that’s what it takes.

E Stop has been doing this same song and dance for awhile...but I didn’t feel safe leaving my credit card info with them but do with Summit. Who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Enemy1

Enemy1

Been checking on different wheels. Wire wheels are 3X the cost and delivery date is anywhere from 3-4 weeks at Rally America to 10-12 weeks Jegs selling Wheel Vintiques. Wheel Vintiques direct says they discontinued 18" Dia. size, yet Jegs can ge them in 10-12 weeks? WTF? I may just ride this out for another month and see if Summit pushes it out again. I am counting 3 of us have a set on order through Summit now. I just don't really trust that they will be there in a month or so either.

13. I had heard these were discontinued from someone , It's not good when a vendor/supplier keeps changing the
    eta date on products... being in the parts business... Jegs or Summit can only go by what their vendor tells them on back order fills...but from my experience (over 30 years), either a vendor/suppier issue or NLA maybe..

14. Enemy1

Enemy1

There is definately a supplier issue or the date wouldn't keep moving out. But don't you think if they were NLA (no longer available) they would tell Summit so they could inform their customers and remove them from their catalog?

15. your talking about a lot of catalogs that are already printed and siting.. I said NLA maybe, that's what I had heard from some who has a set ..and got them sometime back... We are talking about the Aluminum version of these correct... They are nice.. but once a vendor keeps pushing back eta's on something .. not always a good sign...

16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

1) Estopp said the caster closed its doors, so that put the stop on mfg.

2) Cast wheels, thicker mass. Inside of perimeter diameter of cast wheel MUST be less than an 18" steel wheel, so how can an 18" trim ring from a steel wheel fit?
    Just 'measuring' will tell...

3) @curbspeed has hit it out of the park with his 16" centers in the 18" hoops. Look at them. Trim rings fit steel hoops...This is real 'rodding'. Period.

curbspeed likes this.
  17. Thanks for the nice comment Mike. I appreciate it. I try. No one can ever accuse me of being a checkbook hotrodder that's for sure.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  18. DB Cooper

DB Cooper
    from Oregon

I’d be interested in some 5 on 4.5 if someone out there has a set. I wish I could have gotten these when available. I’m hoping someone else picks up the torch and starts making these again

19. lilmann

lilmann

Summit emailed me on Wednesday saying only the lug nuts “should” ship today the 8th....I’m gonna laugh if the lug nuts come but the wheels never make it.

20. Enemy1

Enemy1

21. DB Cooper

DB Cooper
    from Oregon

Lilman I called summit and the lady was ready to take my money. I had told her what I have been hearing (here) and she put me on hold. A few minutes later she said the company said they are discontinued. Not that I didn’t trust other posters on here but I had to try myself. So is summit just hoping someone picks up the line? You think they would call you to give your money back. I guess I don’t understand

22. alchemy

alchemy

I wonder how long Summit is gonna use your money and string you along?

23. lilmann

lilmann

Summit informed me they would charge my credit card once the item ships....

DB Cooper, Interesting that the lady straight out said the company discontinued the wheel. I’ll have to call on Monday

24. lilmann

lilmann

Enemy1 likes this.
  25. Two for sale in the classifieds, not mine but I am thinking about selling mine.

26. Just curious to all that had these wheels on order , were you charged for them once you ordered them ? Some of the vendors I ordered parts from ( and go on back order) haven't charged my card.. They will however once said product is on hand ( shipping charges made) bingo card charge... Being in the parts business (30+ years) I'll give a 30 day window and once its not resolved.. I cancel orders ..

27. I ordered mine directly from the manufacturer 2 years ago. I had them in my hands in two weeks due to the holidays. They said that they would not be making any more at that time. Mine are 5x4.75 Chevy pattern. Drilled them for me at the factory. Still in the boxes waiting for me to make up my mind.

Sent from my SM-N960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ls1yj likes this.
  28. Yeah, I decided to sell my pair. Changed direction on my project.
    Sale pending