Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ramhorn headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roger didonato, Feb 14, 2019.

1. roger didonato

roger didonato

Anybody out there than are using flowtech or tru-ram headers? any issues? plug wires cooked, plug access. fit? I'm looking to put them on a 350 w/ vortek heads.

2. Got em on all 3 of my cars. No problems I have a new set 4 sale if interested

3. roger didonato

roger didonato

Tumbleweed Garage says they won't fit vortek heads

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Got Tru Rams on my deuce delivery, roadster and 5 window. Plenty of clearance for the steering. Check the price of them from So-Cal they're 199.00 compared to Speedway at 299.00.None of mine are Vortec.

5. Those are the chinese knock offs Krylon32.

6. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

7. We've used the Stainless ones from speedway with good results.

Norbert's Chassis.jpg

8. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i'd like to know why they won't work. the folks i know that used vortec heads use regular small block headers. pics look the same too. i know there is a difference in the middle intake bolts, but don't remember what it was.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Vortec head plugs are angled slightly different than early motors - take a look at ACCEL 9000 extreme plug wires for heat protection & shortie plugs for better clearance