Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Turn signals now obsolete?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '34 Terraplane, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. '34 Terraplane

'34 Terraplane
    from Western PA

"I'm sure future generations will find these signals useless. They'll know where they're going. Why should anyone else have to know?"

Anybody know what these are used for......jpg

reagen, VANDENPLAS and Jalopy Joker like this.
  2. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

drive a major city and no one uses em anyways until a cop pulls in behind them.

3. Should read, "Make sure you check the fluid level for these things EVERY DAY!"...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. slowmotion

slowmotion

An idea that never caught on (in these parts).

54vicky likes this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

replacement bulbs are very expensive to replace , and need to conserve energy to charge cell phone, etc

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Out in the middle of nowhere without another vehicle in sight for miles, my ex wife would always bitch that I never signalled to make a turn onto some country road.
    I always asked, who am I signalling for ? The birds, rabbits and coyotes ? :D
    She was just Anal, and there's many reasons she is my ex. :D

7. Terrible80

Terrible80

slowmotion and Fitty Toomuch like this.
  8. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually, I've never understood why people don't use their turn signals. How hard can it be to pull or push a lever inches away from the steering wheel. Certainly easier than sticking your hand out the window. Maybe they are too busy texting. OK, I'm from the 50's, Pacific Northwest, and, as I remember it people did roll down the window and give a hand signal. It was just common courtesy. The only hand signal I see these days is the middle finger.

9. oldolds

oldolds

blinker fluid.jpg blinker fluid.jpg

Hnstray, Montana1, catdad49 and 3 others like this.
  10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

^^^^ Just love that! Sent it to my wife for Valentine's Day 'suggestion'...Can't wait for her response...(no, she;s not the 'typical'...)

catdad49 and WB69 like this.
  11. After being cut off not once but 3 times with no signal lane changes by the same car, in less than a mile, I asked the young lady driving if turn signals were an option on a Hyundai (sp). I got a one finger wave and an "f" you when the light changed and she made her left turn, minus signal.

12. BJR

BJR

My friends wife never signals turns out in the country. He is always bitching at her for this. One night she didn't signal a turn in the middle of nowhere, no cars around. Got stopped by a hidden cop with his lights off and she got a DWI.

13. XXL__

XXL__

Wow! Kind of a harsh penalty for not signaling.

RMR&C, 49ratfink, Turnipseed and 2 others like this.
  14. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

You realize they are pointing out a broken lens, right? Cops don't do that much anymore either. Except for DWB.

15. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the small community in st. louis county where i used to live had: 1. "lemay gas cap"--a rag. 2. "lemay turn signal"--brake lights!

16. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same crap here. They will be halfway across the lane and then blink it once or twice.

The photo looks like a Copvention to me. Total of four law officers in the photo, two of them taking a break.

VANDENPLAS and XXL__ like this.
  17. Deuces

Deuces

With me, it's a force of habit....:rolleyes:

18. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Just another reason I don't like people anymore!(present company excluded!)
    KK

19. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the not so distant future autonomous cars will use signals and then everything will be fine, that is until the A.I. on board becomes sentient and self aware, and learning from it's millennial masters it will no longer give a shit and decide to stop working so hard and stay in their parent's garages playing Grand Theft Auto with the Tesla up the street. Leaving people with no way to get around other than to purchase older automobiles that don't rely on computers thus driving the demand for HAMB friendly cars that coincidentally were manufactured without turn signals.

Ned Ludd, Hnstray, KoolKat-57 and 6 others like this.
  20. I've noticed here in Florida, signals must be an option to use. Even the cops rarely use them.

Steves46 likes this.
  21. On too many cars they are an option or the current crop of drivers don't know how to turn them on. I love it when they slam on the brakes and turn signal at the same time. Three feet before they are turning from 35 MPH.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. hey mister, hey mister! your wearing the same shoes we are!

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Not nearly as annoying as the master race want to be in the fatherland special with high beams melting the paint off my trunk lid. :mad:

Bob

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  24. mopacltd

mopacltd

Hell, out here if you are a snowbird from Minnesota you drive with your turn signal on for miles at a stretch.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  25. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

You are absolutely right!!

26. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

That's so typical nowadays.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  27. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Guilty! But I only do the last minute signal, sudden slow down and turn at 35 mph when some SOB has there front bumper almost touching my back bumper going down the road. Cracks me up seeing the Oh shit look on their face!!!

Latigo likes this.
  28. Daron Craig

Daron Craig

"I'm sure future generations will find these signals useless. They'll know where they're going. Why should anyone else have to know?"

They would have to leave mommy and daddy's basement to actually drive somewhere. I'm pretty sure we are in the clear.

KoolKat-57 and loudbang like this.
  29. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Nearly ran into the back of a roadster at BTTF’s one year.
    No turn signals, no side mirrors, no arm signal. He just started turning into my lane.
    I jammed the brakes to let him in and almost got hit by the car behind me.
    I figured it was a traditional hot rod driven by a traditional asshole.

KoolKat-57 and wraymen like this.
  30. belair

belair

Cops love it when you fail to signal for a lane change. Then they can pull you over and start looking for whatever they want to.

The37Kid and redo32 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.