Register now to get rid of these ads!

History How about a "original" survivor thread?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Jan 25, 2013.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like it and a big thumbs up for making the decision to keep the original six.
    [​IMG]

Cosmo49 likes this.
  2. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

57 Courier Sedan Delivery- got it from the original owners a couple months ago. Daughter named it "Henry" when she rode home in it with her dad in the fall of 56. Original paint and Six with treeonatree, drove it on the trailer. I think the outside is gonna stay the same, but it has a 427 with a Bird 6V setup, FPA headers, and a pickup OD 4-spd toploader in it's future- which will all bolt in without cutting anything up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Here's my '52 Champion...

[​IMG]

...I'm the second owner, and before me, the last time this thing was on the road was 1980. Or at least, that's when it was last tagged.

4. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Not mine but my dads 1955 chevy sport coupe original bone stock minus the tires carb rebuild points and tires. It is fully documented original 7,300 mile car. Out of nevada.
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

5. leadsled56

leadsled56

Food for thought. What would be ideal to find 60 years from now that is just a broken driver now? How did these wonderful links to yesterday survive being parked in a garage, shed, or storage lean-to all these years, waiting to be "found" now by someone willing to love them again. Great stories and rigs!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Squablow

Squablow

Some of them are prettier in their untouched state than they would be if they were all "fixed up".

My '40 Plymouth business coupe has original paint and is pretty much untouched. Tires are ancient but I can't say if they're original. It's for sale for $4800 if anyone's interested.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9666309#post9666309

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

8. Gasballoon

Gasballoon
    from UK

Two original survivors.... My Mum and a 1938 Ford V8 Woodie

[​IMG]

aAnd her grandchildren in the same car

[​IMG]

35cab and janbuick like this.
  9. txturbo

txturbo

I have a couple survivor caddys.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ridgy didge

ridgy didge

Towed this for a customer who just bought it.Previously same owner for last 40 years.

[​IMG]

11. fat141

fat141

Sorry old mate, but if I owned a car that original, the bloody dog would be on the outside.:(
    Rod

12. gatz

gatz

What a great-looking car. The epitome of flash. Can't imagine the cost if it ever needed re-chroming.

The reversed negatives reminds me of an episode of the Adventures of Superman in the early 60's. Clark Kent was driving a 62 (IIRC) Thunderbird convertible and exited from the right side. Even as a kid, I knew that didn't look quite right. (might've been an English export ?)

Flipped the pic via PS Elements......

Attached Files:

13. Buddys 34

Attached Files:

• 34.jpg
      34.jpg
      File size:
      147.4 KB
      Views:
  14. pontiac

pontiac

I'm going to go pick this one up in a few weeks. It's a one owner, low miles. Was originally ordered as a police car, but the PD backed out on it. Straight Eight, 3 on the tree.

1.jpg 3.jpg 10.jpg

15. Got this 33,000 1964 Cadillac, ready 005.JPG 1964 Cadillac, ready 009.JPG 1964 Cadillac, ready 011.JPG mile cream puff 7 weeks ago. 98% original.

16. Got this original Fairlane about 2 years ago. Was originally a 6cylinder stick, former owner put a souped up 302 and 4 speed in it. Now I'm putting a t5 in it. Auction items,Fairlane 008 (640x480).jpg Auction items,Fairlane 009 (640x480).jpg Auction items,Fairlane 011 (640x480).jpg

17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Older thread but thought of it, as I am super intrigued with this 60 chevy belonging to HAMBer @Born_too_late after seeing it in another thread, where he was talking about the vintage slots it wears:cool:
    upload_2019-2-13_19-26-37.jpeg
    Hope he doesnt mind me sharing the pic, maybe he will chime in.

clunker and Born_too_late like this.
  18. Born_too_late

Born_too_late
    from N. Iowa

It’s fun to drive too it’s got a rare Turboglide transmission in it

low budget likes this.
  19. sodly

sodly
    from middle

Survivors are my favorite, too. At least or me, when I say "survivor" I mean a vehicle that's unmodified from stock with factory paint in good condition. If it's been painted, it's not a survivor. I even like to see factory paint on the engine. It should have its original drivetrain and interior. Basically, it should be the same car that left the dealership. Something that's never been restored because it hasn't needed to be.

Here's one. 1966 Chevy C20 Custom Camper. All-original paint, drivetrain, interior, two-piece wheels, etc. with 34k miles. 1st year for the 327 v8 and 1st year for the Turbo 400 three speed trans in pickups, both of which this one has.

Attached Files:

low budget and clunker like this.
  20. Commodoreswab

Commodoreswab
    from West TN

Just got this, towed back from CA and cleanup has begun 20190213_175457.jpg

Attached Files:

low budget and clunker like this.
  21. This is one of my all-time favorite threads. Thanks for bringing it back. Awesome to go through it again. That 60 Chevy is bitchin’.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Born_too_late and low budget like this.