Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shop equipment and tools....Who still uses it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bugsy, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Fred...LOVE the Crypton equipment!!!!

2. Canuck

Canuck

Not big. Not expensive. Not fancy. Just means a lot to me.

Regularly use a 1/4" drive SK socket set that was given to my father by his students when he was teaching auto mechanics to the troops going overseas during the second war.

Value -- PRICELESS

Only one socket that has been replaced (still have the original) due to wear.

Still have and use numerous tools that were my fathers and grandfathers, but this set means the most. The rest were bought as tools, to be used as tools and have served well and continue to serve. My father apprenticed on Model Ts and my grandfather was a cabinetmaker in Scotland before immigrating to Canada to homestead.

Canuck

3. yaidunno

yaidunno
    from Wisconsin

Here's a few more i've added to the collection.

1944 Delta 17 drill press
    1945 Pexto 14 ga. power shear

Attached Files:

4. mamllc

mamllc

I really don't need this, I already have an old(new compared to this) Walker Turner 20" drill press and a Gorton vertical mill, but it was just too cool to pass up. Everything on it works easily and smoothly even though I am sure it has not been used in decades. There is no evidence anywhere of it ever having been driven by an electric motor, may have been out of service since the line shaft days. Missing the parts for the auto feed, but bearings feel good, backgear works, spindle is good. Gonna clean it up, oil it, put a motor on it and use it.

So, for $150 would you have?

Attached Files:

stealthcruiser likes this.
  5. YES. That thing is awesome!

6. Oldb

Oldb

I made one working Sun Vat 40 out of three, I use it a couple of times a year. Just picked up this Sun TUT 1015. I was half way across the state at meeting and found it on CL. It was in a barn, no power to plug it in. It had belonged to the sellers father. $100.00. Took a chance and pleased to saw everything works and it has all the required leads and adapters including the HEI coil tester. All I need is a operators manual which are scarce. I would be willing to pay for a copy if anyone out there has one.
    B SUN TUT 1015 #10.JPG SUN VAT 40.JPG

7. Sunjunkie73

Sunjunkie73

That's a Nice SUN TUT-1015 you have there! Almost looks brand new, I thought my 1015 looked good, Forget it, yours puts mine to shame!! Lol

8. Bijenm

Bijenm

Hi I have a similar Crypton tune model & I am seeking a wiring diagram as the transformer is burnt out
    if you have one would you be happy to scan & send me a copy or any other owner / user stuff ?
    Thanks, regards Bijen

9. bedwards

bedwards

this is a pic from when I first built my shop. It's much more crowded and messier now.
    1943 Sheldon quick change lathe 11" 56" bed and a 1964 Sheldon Model O Horizontal mill
    Had a really clean Atlas 7" shaper but never could figure what to use it for except to watch it work. It was therapeutic to watch.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  10. I picked up this old Kwikway valve grinder at an estate sale for $40. It needed a new belt and a good cleanup, but works great. I also have the base/coolant reservoir/pump(not pictured)....

DSCN0810.JPG DSCN0811.JPG