Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects WHAT THE HELL DID I DO WITH THAT DAMN PART?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 11, 2019.

1. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

The one thing I try to lose is the thing I always find, weight, I bet I've lost the same 100 lbs at least six times.

theHIGHLANDER and VANDENPLAS like this.
  2. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Mine always come out to meet the new part I just bought and brought home to replace the missing one.

BigDogSS likes this.
  3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Where? In her purse. When? At the altar.

czuch likes this.
  4. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

I know a guy in jail that was always finding things that weren't lost. Does that count.

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Hopefully you remembered in time!

6. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

is this why dealers charge so much to work on cars?
    also, all that walking around looking for stuff, is gods way of giving you excerise

czuch and raven like this.
  7. BJR

BJR

Get one of those Google bluetooth speakers, Hey Google, where is my phone?
    'I'll call your phone at full volume is that OK?"

8. BJR

BJR

Maybe you shouldn't be carrying a gun. Just saying......:eek:

9. Those carpenter type aprons, with the couple of big pockets across the front, have proved their worth to me more than once. I have one somewhere but I can't find it.

10. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I've learned and applied so much from you guys on hamb but after reading the replies on this thread it makes me think I should recheck some of the things I've done to my project car.

11. NEVER work on a vehicle AND the house at the same time. I used the harmonic balancer from my Dodge A100 pickup to hold up the house while repairing a sag in the corner of the house. I forgot that I did that. I went to finish the rebuild on my engine and could not find that balancer. As I was telling my honey I was going to the local junk yard to see if I had dumped it there, I saw this....there was my balancer....WHEW! post-81542-0-74064600-1437579098.jpg

12. goldmountain

goldmountain

For me it was my '51 Pontiac tailights. Saved them for years for the right car. Always thought these were particularly desireable because in Canada, Pontiacs of the era are basically re-badged Chevys. American Pontiac tailights were cool. Due to my obsessive nature, I wanted these because their faded plastic lenses showed the world that these were original- not some '50 Pontiac repop. Of course, now I can only find one, so I'm running those common place repops.

2935ford likes this.

13. Loosing cups of coffee is my signature at work!
    The guys that work in the office always say “ we never know where you are but always know where you’ve been!!”
    As I leave my Tim hortons cups all over the ducking place !!

33B4CCB0-FE56-4174-941C-D579F6608BFD.jpeg

wraymen and 2935ford like this.
  14. 2935ford

2935ford

Yeah Tim Horton ! :)

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  15. 2935ford

2935ford

I misplaced a pair of F1 front shock mounts........had to go get another pair. Since then every time we can't find a part or tool.......we say "They're with the shock mounts!"

BigDogSS likes this.
  16. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

This is going to bail a lot of you guys out. I read an article on the Internet a few weeks ago that was titled something like "signs that you're intelligent". It went on to explain that misplacing things was a sign that your mind is multi tasking with several idea's at the same time and they used the reference to the "absent minded professor". :)
    https://curiousmindmagazine.com/sci...ul-is-actually-a-sign-of-higher-intelligence/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Bam.inc, Oldioron, 31Dodger and 2 others like this.
  17. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Changing a valve cover gasket I dropped one of the VC bolts. I heard it bounce off the fender, bounce off the floor and then it was quiet. I spent the next half hour rolling on the garage floor searching for that freakin VC bolt. Nothing. So I walked down into the shop to grab a new bolt and fixed the car. Later that night when I put off my work pants I heard something drop on the floor.... it was this little, tiny bolt that was hiding in the cuff of my jeans. Geeez....
    I could go on and on...

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  18. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On a parallel note - never, I mean NEVER, move an item you've had for a while to a different location to store it. You'll ALWAYS go to its original storage space to look for it and if it's been a while, you'll forget where you relocated it to........

williebill likes this.
  19. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I can attest to that, it happens to me way too often after I have to "clean up" an area so my wife can use the space for some other purpose! o_O

20. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Thanks (again Ryan) for all the "Adult Daycare" you must provide for us trying to navigate the WWW on Apps & "traditional"Desktop PC devices.

. . .

VANDENPLAS and williebill like this.
  21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah.........2

22. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Yeah......×3. I'm saving that!

. . .

23. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

The quickest way to find that part is to buy a new/another one.

Rich S. and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

I started to leave my flashlight "on" so it would be easier to find, but now I can't remember where I keep the batteries.

25. Watch out for those coffee cups. I use mugs now. I used to put other things in those cups and in doing so have tasted many household items, latex paint, oil etc! I also walk away with something in hand then spend 30 min looking.
    My best though is one Sunday early AM. Going to drop my new crate BBC engine into my 56. Wife says can you fix the kitchen drain first? Sure. I take a large aluminum salad bowl, take apart trap, drain all water into bowl, and while still on knees take bowl, lift above my head and dump water into the sink. Some mess. What a dumb ass...

26. BJR

BJR

Cuff of my jeans..... Now that's traditional!:p

Baumi likes this.
  27. Danny, I have the same problem in my shop. It called Gremilns.They take my parts during the day and at night they put the part back where you can find it the next day so, you are not alone on this buddy. LOL .Bruce.

28. Wraymen, been there and done that too and still didn't find the part.LOL.Bruce.

29. AHHHH, Wraymen, I don't think I would be telling too many people that story.You might get a knock on your door from Johnny law.LOL.Bruce.

30. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I spent 5 minutes looking for a lighter that was holding in my hand yesterday..

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app