Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bought another car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by warhorseracing, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Halebrothers

Halebrothers

These cars look nice when restored. We just finished restoring our 1950 Ford Tudor Deluxe sedan with a 6 cylinder and three speed column shift with overdrive. Been in the family since new.

Attached Files:

wvenfield likes this.
  2. That is a very nice looking car and the color is exquisite. Glad that you have been able to keep it in the family since new. Mine will have some minor performance enhancements but nothing that will be irreversible.

3. OK so time for an update. Last July my wiring harness started emitting smoke one day from under the dash. All of the lights were flashing and I was able to turn them off and make it home. I put the car in the garage and disconnected the battery and found this and more under the dash.
    106_0089.JPG
    So the car was sidelined as summer was in full swing and time was not available to do any work on it. Except for some minor bodywork and I will catch you up on that later. I ordered a new harness from Rebel Wire who is a vender and Alliance Member here on this site and will post pictures and more updates here as well as on the Shoebox Social Forum as the car moves forward.

Clay Belt, oliver westlund and Hombre like this.
  4. Hombre

Hombre

Good choice going with rebel wire, you will be happy you did that. Sadly for me I am having to do the same thing to my 53 Ford, that I thought a simple engine swap was all it needed. My wiring looks very much like your's.

I have used Rebel a couple of times, this time while I am certainly going to use one of there kits, I am thinking about using a module from the old Enos black box. I thought they were out of business years ago but just found out that they are still doing there Black Box.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

All of the chopped Tudors (except the last one I saw here on the HAMB) look 'squashed'. Like 4 seconds into the crusher...
    "Wait!...Hold it right there...Can we take it back out???"

missysdad1 likes this.
  6. Yea, no chop on this one, mild hot rod cruiser. A lot of work to do to re-wire and complete the body work, then I'll work on the interior. The black rubber floor mat came with the car but everything from there up including the headliner needs replaced. This year the re-wire, body, and paint in the Spring to drive it. Next Winter the interior.

7. Wow! That is what I thought when I opened the box from Rebel Wire that was delivered today. This harness should outlast the car and it is already 68 years old. Great looking quality and instructions. I am itching to get started tomorrow.

100_0159.JPG 100_0160.JPG

New horn relay, terminal ends, and shrink wrap also included. Ride along as I get started on this tomorrow when I get back home.

oliver westlund and s55mercury66 like this.
  8. I am going to close out here and just continue in the Shoebox HAMBERS Social Forum rather than keep both threads going. I did get started rewiring today and go to the Social Forums if you want to keep up. So far so good.

9. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

What's the link to your other thread?

10. Hombre

Hombre

yea warhorse give us a link.

11. Uh, OK, I'll try. Go to the Social Forums, then the Shoebox HAMBERS and look for the thread, My new '51.

12. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Well, so much for some of us seeing it

13. You don't need one to join the social forum. Click on the above link, join the forum and it is there.

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Do you have the tail lights? I have an extra pair...don't have the side spears, though.

15. Yes Sir I do have the tail lights, stock and blue dot lenses and I'm using the stock. I will either rechrome my spears or get reproduced ones from Shoebox Central. Pricey either way but they make the '51.

flatheadpete likes this.
  16. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I get "ERROR YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO VIEW THIS PAGE"

17. To view it do this, click on the "shoe box hambers" and this can be opened up.

Join Forum.JPG

Click on "Join Social Forum" and you can view it.

Clay Belt likes this.
  18. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

19. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Where do you even find those???

20. Go to the top of any page, put your curser on the group of people then slide down to the "Social Forums".

Social Forums.JPG

Click on "Social Forums" then scroll down to "Shoe box hambers" and click on that to open it. You may find other interests there to join. It took me awhile to figure this out too but Ryan and his gang have their $hit together on this site and there are still things I am finding. Younger folk, amaze me at their ability to develop and navigate these things that take some of us "older folk" to re-learn how to get through life. Technology can leave you in the dust so fast it isn't even funny these days. I detest and will not use those "self check out" at the local stores. In my opinion they are putting a person out of work and you are doing their job for free. Enough of my rant if you have any trouble let me know.

21. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Tried that, got a “NO THREADS” message. Maybe I need to try using my computer instead of a tablet

22. That is possible, I don't know. Let me know what happens and message me if need be.