Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Car identification please. 195? Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shivasdad, Feb 11, 2019.

1. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Oh great HAMB collective brain, please help me with this identification. License plate is 1957, picture is from about then. Lady is a mother of my wife's classmate. I think it's a 1956 Dodge (or thereabouts) but I can't find a google image with everything just right, especially the center emblem. I'd love to have a model. It's just a curiosity for me, my wife and her classmate. The car is long gone but it's a cool picture nonetheless. Thanks!

Car identification.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  2. I think its a 55 Dodge, the center emblem is the base I6 badge, the V8s have a V in the emblem.

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  3. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

That's it. I couldn't reconcile the V, which is all I was seeing on my google searches. The '56 also seems to have a chrome strip along the bottom of the hood opening. Thanks so much @Taboo56Chevy. So I guess it's a Coronet? I knew it wouldn't take long.

4. redo32

redo32

Picture isn't clear enough to make out the script, most said Dodge. I'm more of a Chevy guy, so I'm going to take a shot and say this is a 6 cylinder car because almost all that I googled had a V emblem. It's a 1955.

(While I'm on google you're typing)

5. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks for the response @redo32 I should have thought about the different emblems. I'm used to the gear and lightning bolt that Ford used for 6's vs. their V8 emblem. I've already emailed my wife to tell her friend about this. I think they'll be happy.

6. Just look at my signature !:D

A2D98AC2-54E4-40C4-ACD1-5D01B12DCB31.jpeg

7. squirrel

squirrel

huh, I guessed 55 dodge, before I scrolled down and saw the replies. I must be getting old.

warhorseracing likes this.
  8. Squablow

Squablow

You can also tell it's a 4 door sedan from the vent wing in the rear quarter window.

9. All the cool kittens smoked also.

Stogy and Texas Webb like this.
  10. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

and wore 'snow cone' bras.......:D

Stogy likes this.