Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 47 Plymouth sbc fender well headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bull99, Feb 9, 2019.

1. bull99

bull99

New to the forum, building a 47 Plymouth with a 69 camaro front stub, looking for fenderwell headers that will clear the frame rails/steering box. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

If you are using the Camaro engine and it is on the stock mounts I should think any Camaro headers will fit.

jimgoetz likes this.
  3. goldmountain

goldmountain

I agree with Rusty. I have a '47 Plymouth with that same front clip and conventional headers to fit is no problem. Fenderwell headers are such a pain.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. bull99

bull99

Tha ks for the input, The car rides low and we really want to get the headers over the frame rail, and use all that fenderwell realestate, and get the pipes down the inside of the rocker to exit through the rocker in front of the rear tires

5. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. these were home made by a guy in Winchester, Va. in late '70's.....just saying :cool:

Attached Files:

7. slim39

slim39
    from pa

I had a 39 ply with orginal frame sbc and i used 55 chevy fender well headers from summit and they worked well plenty of clearence

8. bull99. I have a set of those Speedway fenderwell headers for sale. They are also HPC coated, looks like chrome but does not discolor.

9. Bob Burgh

Bob Burgh
    from Indiana

Please PM me. I might be interested