Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ricky Nelson Roadster for Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Sep 23, 2003.

1. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

If I spent 150 to 200K on any car (assuming I had it to spend), the next listing you would see would start something like:

From the estate of the late George Gordon...

Very cool car though. [​IMG]

stillrunners and blowby like this.
  2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

I had no idea Ricky Nelson had anything to do with that car.

3. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I hate to say this , but I had a chance to buy the car when Bernie Sievers had it. I thought it was too much money ($9000)for a channeled car then (sometime in the 90's). I would love to have it now. I have always wanted to restore an old hot rod with some history and I probably missed the best chance I will ever have. I will keep looking though!!

4. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Man I'd give my left nut to own that thing. That's one of my all time favorites.

5. I could reproduce four of those for 200,000 dollars. The guy that drove that car spawned these two jackasses. I'd rather have a Ferrari.

Attached Files:

6. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

JimA's gonna buy that one too. [​IMG]

47.Poncho likes this.
  7. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

You had chance to buy it for $9000.00!!!!! That could have been some real good profit. Nice car but for 200k I could have a Ferrari a nice Roadster....and money left! [​IMG]

8. Dirk

Dirk

I'd rather have a Ferrari.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take that car over a parking lot of Ferraries. That car is one of my all time favorites. You could not build that kinda of history no matter what your budget!

3340 and cad-lasalle like this.
  9. Mutt

Mutt

From Hot Rod Magazine...

Mutt

10. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

The 5th picture is captioned "48 Lincoln Brakes" but clearly shows Ford Lockheed brakes :)

11. alchemy

alchemy

I noticed when I read the "Milestones" book that they kept mixing up Ford brakes and Lincoln brakes. Maybe the editor was using this old article as research and took the caption at it's word.

This Ricky Nelson roadster and many others are in the book. A must-read for a true hot rod fan.

P.S. the "'40 Ford spindles" in the old article pic are really '32 spindles.

12. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And the '40 steering alleged would steer in the wrong direction set up as shown...

rustynutz likes this.
  13. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Pics of Ross Myers' ....Ricky Nelson 1932 Ford Roadster taken 3/06 at a show in Philly,PA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Ozzie Nelson, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet: Not much is written about the Nelson family car, although urban legend has it a 1932 Ford Roadster appeared in two episodes. Seems Ozzie's son Ricky was desperate to buy the car with earnings from the show (what kid wouldn't want a car like that), but like most fathers of that generation, Ozzie put his foot down and firmly refused. Today, a 1932 Ford Roadster, similar to the one that appeared on the show, sells for $46,500 high retail. In 1932, you could buy one for right around $460. Maybe Ozzie should have put his foot down on the Roadster's accelerator instead.

dana barlow and Stogy like this.
  15. Once again a day late and a dollar short.

Stogy likes this.
  16. Bob Hodge

Bob Hodge

How about a model kit of this car?????? I've got the box!!
    Bob Roadster 101.JPG

17. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D A little piece of trivia here.Ozzie Nelson came up with an idea for a piece of music.What resulted was what I believe to be the first music video.It was "Traveling Man"done by Ricky.It made it`s first appearance on the"Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I recall reading a story about Ozzie refusing to let Rick pay $3000 for this roadster, or wouldn't give Rick the money to buy it. I always obeyed my father when I was growing up, BUT faced with this dilemma, my respect for him might have been sorely tested.

dana barlow and Stogy like this.
  19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was always exciting when the show ended, because Rick would sing a song. Remember his lead guitarist was James Burton, who went on to play behind Elvis, Roy Orbison, and many other famous artists. He has performed at LSRU several times and hopefully will return many more times with his flamed guitar.

Stogy and buddyamigo like this.
  20. Old thread....but I love this car....it was at the Henry Ford Museum for a couple months as part of a exhibit and I went over once a week to stare at it...would love to own that car...or a nice tribute to it

Stogy likes this.
  21. DonnyK

DonnyK

I just spent my Saturday with this car, my friends father, Ross Myers has it in his private collection among many other amazing and historically significant race cars, hot rods and customs. His collection is absolutely amazing and he truly enjoys letting people see and touch his cars, he makes my kids sit in at least one car every time we go there. In his words, if you cant see them and drive them whats the point of having them.

22. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Can't please everyone, so...

belair likes this.
  23. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

281.jpg always liked the lines of this roadster.

24. exterminator

exterminator

That car should be in my garage - no really, it should, don't laugh!:cool:

Stogy and Deuces like this.
  25. DonnyK

DonnyK

Get in line! Yeah its a sweet car, it's being very well kept and its in a beautiful home with lots of other gorgeous well preserved hot rods and customs to run around with, LOL, Ross truly appreciates the history in every car he owns, he keeps them true to the original build, just maintains them mechanically so they can be driven and enjoyed.

Stogy and exterminator like this.
  26. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I think the most important question is what's under the hood !?

Stogy likes this.
  27. Since this 16 year old thread has been brought back to life it sure would be nice to see some current photo's from Mr. Myers collection, especially the Nelson roadster. HRP

Deuces and dana barlow like this.
  28. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the Tony LaMasa roadster has either a 265” or 283” in it. I can’t wait to see what he does with the Kookie “T”.

Deuces, LongT, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  29. DonnyK

DonnyK

I will try to post some photos tonight when I get home that I took on Saturday, he has now added a second and third floor onto his building where the cars are housed and it does not disappoint.

Deuces, Stogy, HOTRODPRIMER and 2 others like this.