Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Mid-Winter Check In

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AVater, Feb 10, 2019.

1. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

23A16C1F-0FFE-477F-996C-0D8D85B8B03E.jpeg So far winter here has featured more ice than snow an the roads here still have a bunch of salt on them. Friday was so nice here,decided to take the opportunity to start and warm up a couple of flatheads.

Didn’t go anywhere except in my mind due to the aforementioned roads/salt but great to soak in the fumes and get the mind focused on the spring ahead.

Here’s hoping winter is treating you all well!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. About the same here in MD. Had a thaw and a rain the other day and it was 45 yesterday so I took the coupe off the stands and ran it around the block a few times to keep everything moving.
    But for the most part it has been in hibernation.
    Chappy

Ron Funkhouser, VANDENPLAS and AVater like this.
  3. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Hibernating here. Top end of the engine needs to go back together (March, hopefully), then I intend to get the transmission fixed up and back on the road by April when the registration and plates are valid again.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

AVater and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Was going to start the ramp truck the other day when it was about 40*. It had been 25 plus below for a few days before, I opened the hood and the engine was a big ball of frost! I thought better of it and it is still sleeping with the intake leak I wanted to check! 20180808_101902[16708].jpg

flatheadpete, VANDENPLAS and AVater like this.

5. IMG_0050.JPG this is what I gotta deal with for the foreseeable future here in the great northwest. It’s fricken cold man!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ron Funkhouser, VANDENPLAS and AVater like this.
  6. F&J

F&J

The only way I can mentally handle Jan & Feb in Connecticut, is to tell myself that March FIRST is the start of SPRING! we are almost there dammit! ...and my hotrod is still my only driver. Friday pic of New England Central RR passing by the old depot:
    DSCN2361.JPG

7. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Keep up the good work there HAMBers. 25 below tough to take. Spring will get here soon but not as quickly as that train.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  8. -40 up here for about a week now....oh yea and there is a couple feet of snow on the ground as well

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

VANDENPLAS and AVater like this.
  9. Had a bit of a warm up last week, so I got the 32's out for some air. Still can't drive on roads. They are full of salt, like it was on sale.:mad:

More snow on the way for this week!:eek:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  10. ...2" of ice here last week on top of snow, now more snow comin,..hopin for an early Spring for sure...
    ice 2-7-19 014.jpg ice 2-7-19 018.jpg

11. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Man that's cool! I started my '50 Ford the other day...it was above 0 but not by much. It really chugs when it's bitter cold.

AVater likes this.
  13. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

That's not the Reaper, just me taking a pic of my '29 A Roadster under the blue tarp!! 8 inches of snow and 45 MPH winds make great pictures.

Ron Funkhouser and AVater like this.
  14. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Folks,

Compared to what I’m reading, looks like we have it pretty good here whatever tomorrow brings.

Stay warm and safe!